Final Fantasy Story

Final Fantasy 12

By: Troy Nelson

Vaan and Cloud where down by the pier on a warm cozy spring afternoon practicing there sword and magic techniques, for there daily practice. “C’mon Cloud I bet you can’t hit me with your thunder attack!”

“Haha we’ll see about that.” Cloud Snickered. Cloud closed his eyes charging up his attack; as soon as he rose his hand to attack them both saw a shadow crawl across the ground they both looked up. As they did they heard the roar of a 6280-eastern airship.

“WOW! I want to be a sky pirate one day!” Vaan said in awe.

“Thunder!” Cloud screamed unleashing his attack thinking that he had Vaan off guard. Vaan skillfully dodged Clouds attack.

“See I told you that you couldn’t hit me.”

“Not necessarily.” Cloud laughed. In a flash Vaan was on his back.

“H-How did you do that?”

“I can’t believe you forgot the recoil effect.”

“Oh yeah.” Vaan was back on his feet now. “Hey that was the daily airship right?”

“Yeah why?”

”That means Penelo is back!” Vaan jumped with excitement.

“Come on cloud!” Vaan Hollered, already ahead of him. They both ran through the busy streets of Rabanastre, bumping into endless amounts of weary merchants. “I’m going to beat you there Cloud!” Cloud laughed and stopped running. He had remembered that the Kupo teleport stations had reopened, so he walked up to the Kupo manning the station.” I would like to go to the western aerodome, please.” “Alright have a safe trip k-Kupo!” Blue orbs of lights fell around Cloud and he slowly disappears.

Vaan thought he could out smart Cloud. So he ran to the stair entrance of Lowtown. He enters Lowtown from the Northend of Rabanastre. He runs through the North Sprawl that lies under the Northend. Vaan comes up by the Westgate and darts into the western aerodome thinking he had won. Vaan was stunned when he open the door of the aerodome, there stood Cloud by the teleporting crystal. “How did you--!?” Vaan asked very confused. “I took the Kupo station they reopened them today. You forgot didn’t you?”

“Um… yeah.” He said embarrassed. “Vaan we really need to work on your memory.”

“Penelo’s ship is pulling in, let’s go wait for her at the gate.” Vaan said happily. “Alright.” Cloud responded. Penelo walked through the gate only to be surprised by Vaan picking her up and spinning her all around. “H-Hey Vaan I’m so happy to see you!” “How was your trip to Nalbina Fortress?” “It was amazing; I had a great time with Migelo. Here I got you this; I know how much you love the Wyrdhare. This is arcana of a Wyrdhare from the salkawood.” she reached into a dark mossy green velvet pouch and pulled out a glass looking orb that had a very dim warming glow. Inside you could see the soul of a small Wyrdhare. “WOW, this is so awesome! Thank you Penelo you’re the best. I love you.” Vaan said with joy.

Cloud coughed loudly. “Are you ok Cloud” Vaan asked concerned. “YES I’M FINE!!!” Cloud snaps back harshly. “Sorry about that I’ve been on edge lately.” “It is ok” Penelo said rubbing his shoulder. “Hey lets go to the Sandsea Tavern to get a drink and I know you must be starving Penelo.” Cloud offered. “Yes I could use a bite to eat.” she said rubbing her stomach. They head to the Aerodome doors to leave. “Penelo the Kupo teleport stations are working again lets use them.” Vaan said walking up to the moogle and about to hand her 30 Gil so everyone could teleport. “Oh Vaan you were always so lazy it’s a beautiful day lets walk there.” “Ok.” Vaan whispered under his breath disappointed. They all walk up to the westgates gate to get to the town center. There is a small crowd gathered at the gate. “Hey kites what is going on?” “There not letting anyone through the gates until they find the person who stole King Reks’s personal sword “The Way to the Dawn”. “WHAT!!! Someone stole my brother’s sword?” Vaan said angrily unsheathing his Defender. “Vaan please calm down they will find who did it and he will get what he deserves.” Penelo said grabbing his Defender and putting it back in its sheath. “How about we go through Lowtown and go around the gate and we will come up right by the Sandsea Tavern.” Cloud offered “There is no door to Lowtown here in the west gate.” Vaan said objecting. “Why yes Vaan there is a door to Lowtown here Kites showed it to me before.” “But I now agree with Vaan about using the Kupo teleport stations, it would be easier“. Penelo said. “You know as well as I that if the gate is on lock down so is the Kupo teleport stations (K.T.S.).”Oh yea, Ok well show us this door of yours.” Cloud leads them over to a wall with a barrel in front of it. He put a small round sphere in an indention in the barrel, there was a small clicking noise and the barrel started to move over to the right as the wall rose to a stare way leading to Lowtown.