3. Happy Birthday;-)

I have a great job. Great pay and all. But all that is of no use when you have a really crappy, annoying boss. And well I'm his personal secretary. I roll my eyes at the thought.

I open the door and enter my office. As soon as I step in I'm bombarded with birthday wishes, cards and gifts. I smile at everyone and thank them.

"This time, you have to give a party Rach. I mean, come on your turning 25!" Alice says while handing me my gift.

"Ya, she's right Rachel. Just tell him it's your birthday and ask him to let you go home early." Brad says and I shake my head.

"Oh, and all of us have already asked him to let us leave early cause it's your birthday party!" Brad adds with a smirk.

"You did not!" I say completely shocked.

"Oh yes we did." Max says placing one hand on Brad's shoulder.

I sigh and make my way to my cubicle with all the gifts.

It just can't get any worse. Now like any other day I'm going to have to work till late today even though it's my birthday  unlike my friends who'll leave early because they're attending my birthday party. Because my boss hates me for some reason. Honestly, I don't know why he hasn't fired me yet, unless he enjoys being mean to me. Oh, but wait, it can get worse my boss has called me to his office. Great! I stomp my feet and start towards his office. I don't know how his wife handles him, oh right she left him. But he does have a girlfriend. I pity her.

I knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear his voice.

"Sir, you asked me to come?" I ask.

He was facing the wall, probably studying some file. He turns around,

" Yes."

Actually, I think that the ladies in his life don't find it that hard to tolerate him because his deep, sexy voice and Greek god looks are enough to seduce any women. I won't deny that I was quite smitten by him at first. But after working for him for soo long, I'm just annoyed with him.

"So, it's your birthday, am I right?"

He asks and my mouth falls open.

"I came to know because the others were asking if they can leave early."
He said

"Of course" I mumble.

How will he remember it's my birthday?

"I got something for you..." he says pointing his head towards one of the tables behind me.

Ok, this time really shocked,"A gift?! For me? Sir... you really didn't have to...."

"I got something for you to give Kiara when she comes. Since I can't give it to her myself." He says a little confused at my reaction.

"Oh, right...Kiara, your girlfriend." I sigh, turn around and lift the box. "I'll give it to her." I say and head towards the door.

"You can leave early today." I stop in my tracks and turn around,

" I can?"

"Are you developing a hearing problem as you grow old Rachel?"

"No..no...sir. Umm...thank you sir." And I quickly exit his room.
------------------------

"What?!! He seriously left you early??" Alice asked me completely shocked.

"I know, I know. Even I was shocked." I say taking another sip from my drink.