Love on the Warfront I-III

Background / Setting the Scene:

Second Wizarding War Dark!Harry AU, in which the war has dragged on for years, Harry has become battle-hardened and bone-weary, Draco has straddled the line between the sides, unable to leave his parents, yet, because of Harry, unable to join them. Neither can trust the other, and yet neither can deny him either. The third drabble (III) is at the end, facing one another, one final standoff.

I. Draco, through Harry's eyes

He is wisps of smoke curling through frozen air. He is a haunting melody, hooded eyes, quicksilver smile. He is a lie, smooth and easy, threatening to drown you. He is wild and fey, beautiful as ice, desolate as new-fallen snow. He is the tide calling your name, a siren song luring you to your doom. He is everything that you will ever love, everything that will never love you back. He is impossible. He is a dream, silken sheets, the slip and slide of oil-slicked skin. He is temptation, seduction incarnate. He is an angel, a demon. He is.

II. Harry, through Draco's eyes

He is memories. He is pain. He is jagged words that snag cracked lips and burn with the echoes of long-forgotten flames. He is heat and noise and lightning that crackles through your bones, burning, burning. He is pounding surf on a wind-swept shore, shattered dreams and angry blows. He is the inferno that consumes you, the barely restrained storm. He is the thunder, the howling winds and driving rain. He is the raging monster, the devil incarnate, the baying hounds that herald the hunt. He is magic and mystery and more passion than you have ever known. He is.

III. Together, at the end of it all

He is your weakness, the crack in your impenetrable armor, the flaw in your perfect plan. He teases, taunts, slips around your defenses and under your skin. He takes up residence in your heart, squats there, unwanted, burrowing deep. He insinuates himself into your dreams, slithers into every crack in your mind. He is everywhere; everything you never knew you wanted. He is the sun on your tired skin, the pounding at your temple, rushing blood in your veins. He is the silence and the stillness, the roar and the thunder. He moves you. Destroys you. Creates you. He is.