TTWL Chapter 7

sooth ye hearts humans

it's been long/.I am sorry. life was too hectic..man i haaate school

i didn't get my votes..i willl retaliate..

kidding..here goes

*****************************************************************************************************

“Brad please… not now. I cant think now. My baby is in surgery. Its been an hour.” Her phone rang. She sighed when she saw that it was C.J. she looked at Bradley. “I have to take this.”

                        She walked away as she answered the phone. “Hello?”

                        “Nell are you alright? I’ve been trying to reach you all this time. Where are you?”

                        “I’m at the hospital C.J. Kaylah had an accident. She’s in surgery right now.”

                        “What happened? Oh my God! I can get a ticket but I’ll probably get there tomorrow.”

                        “Please C.J you cant come. Bradley is here at the hospital and he has just found out about Kaylah. It would just be more awkward if you were here as well.”

                        “He found out? How?”

                        “We needed a match for Kaylah’s blood. She has a lost a lot of blood… Oh God why isnt she coming out of surgery?” she looked around but there was no sign of a doctor.

                        “Nell listen to me. There is no way I am going to sit here and do nothing while you are there on your own and worried sick. Besides I’ll be here worrying about Kaylah. I’m taking the earliest flight out.”      

                        “C.J…”

                        “Its not up for discussion. There was something in his voice that she didn’t quite understand. “I’ll be there tomorrow.”

                         The headache she had was making her disoriented. “We’ll talk later C.J. right now am a bit confused.”

                        “Sure. You take care darling. I love you.”

                        “Yeah, I will. Goodnight.”

                        She hang up and went to where Julie and Bradley were sitting waiting for news. She tried to sit but she got up almost immediately. She started pacing… but the movement didn’t help her nerves. She wanted to cry. She wanted a time out where she could just curl up in a sofa on her own and cry. But most of all she wanted her baby.

                        One hour turned to two and two hours turned to three but her baby wasn’t out of surgery yet. She wanted to go in the theatre to see what the hell was taking so long. What was wrong with her baby?

                        “Nell she’ll be alright.” Julie said as she stood up. “She is very strong. You know that.”

                        “She’s ten.” Nell said. “All I know is that she is my little girl. She’s been in the operating room for more than three hours. I’m scared as hell.”