15

---Ruhani's POV---

"Pagal toh mai thi," I sighed.

It had been a week since I came back and believe it or not, but just like I told him Shehry never bothered talking to me again.

I can't believe I forgot my phone there and when I didn't even go to get it. I sent one Dyal's friends.

"Yaar, let's get your mind somewhere else? Chal, kisi party par jha kar free ki roti letha hai," he joked.

We were just watching a film and he made a reference to it.

I laughed at that.

"I might just take you up on that," I joked with him.

"Okay. I'll get ready," he said.

"Hold on. Your serious?" I asked.

"Might as well get your mind somewhere else," he said. "I'm going to go and change."

He left and I was suprised that he actually went to change. I'm so lucky to have a friend like him.

Wait! I have to get ready as well then!

I was about to tell him when my phone went off.

"Hi mom," I said.

"Ruhani, kaha hai?" She asked.

"Dyal kha saath," I said.

My mom had met him and she told me that she liked him and had no problem with us hanging out.

"Okay, give the phone to him," she said and as if on cue he walked out looking sharp.

I handed the phone to him and he looked at me confused.

"Mom wants to talk to you," I said and he took it.

He was seriously looking so nice.

He hung up and I told him I had to go to my apartment and get ready. He dropped me off saying he'd be back.

What the hell did my mom tell him? I swear she better not have said anything that could cost me our friendship.

I got ready while thinking what it could be that they talked about.

I called him and he said he just pulled up, so I told him I'm coming and we left

"Quick change of plans," he said.

"What? But what happen to the free food?" I asked trying to ease my worrying.

He laughed at that.

"You'll get free food at home," he said.

"HOME?! You know i don't want to go home!" I yelled at him.

"Don't yell at me," he said pulling into the driveway.

"Chal," he said.

I didn't bother getting up. Instead I folded my arms and frowend.

"You can't be serious," he said.

I didn't respond. He sighed and got out of the car.

He came around and opened my door.

"At least come now," he said.

I laughed at him and decided to get out.

I put on a fake smile and went inside.

"Ruhani!" My mom said and looked at us confused.

"What's up with the clothes?" Dad asked.

"Oh! We were going to a party," I said.

"Okay. Kiski party?" Dad asked.

We both looked at each other and he seemed so confused as if the question was meant for him.

I bit my tongue to stop myself from laughing.

"Woh bus ek dost ki party," he said.

I almost started laughing but he gave me a warning look and I fixed myself.

"So anyways why'd you call us?" I asked.

"Oh. There are people here and they've bought a rishta for you," mom said.

"WHAT?!" We both asked suprised.

I looked at him. I thought he knew.

"I thought you knew," I told him.

"How would I know?" He asked.

"Mom, what did you tell him on the phone?" I questioned.

"I said to him, you need to bring her here because she won't come. It's really important," she said.

"EXACTLY! You never told us what it's about," he said.

I was seriously pist off but I had to respect my parent's and not create a scene so I agreed to meet them, since they were here.

They took me outside with them and I made sure that Dyal came outside as well. No way was I going to reject whoever was out there alone.

As soon as I saw who it was I froze. I looked at Dyal and even he was suprised.

"What're you doing here?" I asked.

My mom gave me a look, basically saying to shut it.

I did, but why is Shehry here. Is his new girlfriend not working out for him?