-Plan-

"Here's your application form, we look forward to seeing you next week!"

This woman was too happy to be sitting at a boring desk for 12 hours, I could tell you that. It had been a day since I got fired from my old job, and so far, things were going great. I was going to audition for BigHit entertainment. At first the manager didn't like me...

-Flashback-

I walked into the large glass doors and scurried over to the woman sitting at a marble desk, typing on a computer.

"Hi, excuse me? Can I see...uh.."

"Do you have an appointment?"

"Well... I actually don't know who I'm supposed to be seeing..."

The woman looked back down at her computer and she continued to type, nearly ignoring me completely.

"I'm sorry, without an appointment we cant let you in."

I sighed and moved some of my hair out of my face. I guessed I'd have to take plan B.

"Actually, I did make an appointment with the manager!"

Her head shot up as she pulled her chair over to a stack of draws. She took out a list and put it down on the desk.

"But I cant seem to remember his name, was it Mr T-"

"Its fine, just tell me your name and I can let you through."

I had no idea what to do after that, and I know this may sound weird, but a kid on a trike saved the day. A woman who looked around her fifties and a small child entered the building. The child was recklessly pedalling on his bike towards the stairs. The attendant I was talking to ran over and bowed her head.

"Miss Arella." The attendant addressed her.

I took this time to look at the list of names. Sneakily, I turned around the sheet of paper and scanned it.

"Appointments for Mr Arella, huh?" I mumbled. That woman must have been his wife.

I continued to look down in order to find a name with an appointment time closest to the time now. I looked at the clock. It read 12:25. Luckily, I managed to find a woman with an appointment at 12:30, so if the attendant hurried I could make it in time.

I memorised the name and quickly turned the paper around as the woman was on her way back.

"I'm sorry for the hold up, Miss Arella's son can be a lot to handle sometimes."

She let out a chuckle before continuing the discussion before the interruption.

"Okay, name please?"

"Kanan Matsuda." I said from memory.

She moved her eyes to the middle of the list and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"That's weird." She said, "It says here Kanan Matsuda has already checked in."

"Oh, it must have been a mistake because I'm here, right?"

She nodded her head and looked at me again.

"There was an appointment missed this morning, so maybe I crossed out the wrong one."

"That must be it."

"Alright, just go up the stairs and take a right, go down the corridor with a big windows and you'll see a waiting room, please wait there until you're called in!"

I gave her a smile before following her instructions and walking up the glass-like stairs. Was everything in this building made of glass?

I found the corridor she was talking about, or at least I guessed it was. Windows stretched from either side to perfectly frame the scenery outside. Although it was just tall buildings and the occasional row of trees here and there, I could imagine how beautiful it would look at night when all of the buildings were lit up.

I continued down the corridor whilst looking out of the windows and sat down on a cushioned chair at the end of it. Luckily, I could still see out of the window from where I was sitting. Opposite me was a woman with neat yet frizzy brown hair, wearing a purple jacket and holding a black handbag.

I wondered who she was for a few minutes until I settled on the idea that she was here to see somebody else.

The wait wasn't long, it was around three minutes before the name I assigned to myself was called.

A man in a suit and tie walked out of the door with a man wearing a green suit. The suits looked nearly identical apart from the size. The man in the black suit towered over the one in the green.

"Thank you for coming today." The man in the black suit said.

The smaller man in green walked away with his hands in his pockets.

"Aright," The man called, "Kanan Matsuda?"

I raised my hand and shot up.

"Here!" I shouted.

But there was one problem,

The woman opposite me did that too.