Silence

"Sometimes it's better to stay silent than to tell others what you feel because it will only hurt you when you know they can hear you but they can't understand."

-Unknown

I felt a shove.

I fell down with my bag hurdling right behind me. I felt another kick. Then a laugh. I turned my head to see who the owner of the voice was. I couldn't believe it. 

It was Sapphira. I was shocked. After all these years, she was back. 

I could hear the sniggers of people behind me and see the few pitying glances of the people that felt sorry for me but were too scared to do anything. Typical.

"What happened Sandra? Tripped on one of those lace boots of yours?" I heard a voice say sarcastically.

I clenched my fists together and squeezed my eyes so she couldn't see my tears.

"Not really Abbey. And no. Your friend kicked me. Looks like she wasn't thinking before reacting."

She angrily turned her head towards me,

"What!?"

"You heard me," I squeaked...

Her glaring eyes cut me and her best friend Meggie pulled me off the ground roughly.

"You can't say anything about that, loser. Did forget what YOU did to her boyfriend?!" Meggie hissed at me. 

"Don't push it, Fathead Fay, we don't take orders from elephants like you," Sapphira sneered at me before pushing me back on the ground and stepping on my laptop making another crack in it.

"Pity, I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my  butthole." she sniggered and walked off with the rest of her friends.

I can't believe it. After all these years, they still hold a grudge against me for something that happened in 10th grade. It wasn't me who kissed Connor, he kissed me. But somehow, he found a way to blame it on me. Huh. Men. 

I slowly got up and picked up all my supplies and papers from the floor and started walking to my first class. Great. Physics. I get to sit in a room with our creepy 21-year-old teacher Mr. Martinez. 

When I reached class I wasn't surprised to be greeted by a sneer from Meggie's best friend, Fiona. Then Mr. Martinez stumbled towards me, staring at my chest.

"Hey there Sandra," he slurred. Anyone who hadn't met him before would have thought he was drunk but all of his students knew that was just the way he was. Even though I was creeped out and disgusted I greeted him and walked towards my seat. But when I reached there I was shocked by what I saw. 

Chelsea, my best friend, was laughing and giggling with no one other than Fiona. 

"Oh no..." Chelsea groaned, "It's Fathead Fay!"

I felt a stab in my throat. My best friend had called me by the mean name that my bullies tease me with. 

Fiona cackled and shook her head at me, "Even your so-called 'best friend' thinks you're fat!" 

"Best friend?" Chelsea sneered rudely, "Since when?" 

That made Fiona laugh even louder. 

"Chelsea," I squeaked, "Could I speak to you for a second?" 

Chelsea walked with me to the other corner of the room and sneered.

"What do you want?" she snapped.