Chapter 2~ Cry in The Night

Raven was followed quietly by Jake as they walked slowly back to her make-shift camp. They were almost there when Jake collapsed from dehydration. At first Raven was startled but then she just picked him up and walked quickly back to her camp.

When she got there, Raven laid him on a "bed" then brought over some water. After she gave Jake the water, she brought over a fur pelt and laid it on him. Soon she fell asleep and started dreaming for the first time since her brother's death.

~the next day~ 

When she woke the next morning, she had first forgotten about the boy in the woods but as soon as she saw him, she remembered what had happened. She put her hand on Jake's forehead and saw he was running a fever. He was still asleep so she quickly wrote a note telling him to stay there and then she headed off towards the village.

At first she thought about stealing he medicine but she knew that if she was caught then no one would help Jake, so she pulled out what was left of her money and strolled over to the drug store. When she found the medicine that she needed, she walked over to the counter and payed for it and walked out.

When she got out of the store, Raven started to run back to her hideout. She had returned to find him still asleep. After Raven safely tucked away the medicine, she curled up beside him. While she was curled up, she was thinking about why. Why she had given the last of her money for him. Why she was letting him stay instead of kicking him out.

Mabey she had felt sorry for Jake. Mabey he reminded her of her brother, young and scared. Whatever it was, she knew one thing for sure: she will do everything in her power to keep him alive. No matter what...

When Jake had woken up, she was even more worried. He had an even worse fever than before. As Raven had gotten up, she told him to lay still. She had grabbed the medicine and gave it to him.

"Why am I dizzy?" Jake had asked so Raven answered "You've been asleep and sick for two days. You kinda need to eat and rest for a few days." When he heard this, he had started to sit up but she stopped him.  She gave him some food and water then told him to rest.