Chapter 1

My heart leaped as I heard the doorbell ring, I rushed down and bolted for the door but I didn’t make it someone was in my way , it was the maid who was yelling  at me saying “ wake up wake up, GET YOUR BUT OUT OF BED!!” . I couldn’t understand but that’s when it hit me, my heart sunk I was in fact dreaming and there was no visitor at the front door I would not be receiving a letter from my parents or my parents themselves. They would still be out in the world somewhere. And what was I thinking of course there wouldn’t be a maid telling me to get out of bed, arrrrrggghhh my Aunt, will she ever under stand that I’m not her toy that she can stuff around with, I am 15 years old and don’t have to be spoken to like a baby anymore. It was only just acceptable when I was brought to her doorstep when I was 6 but now, no way am I going to be spoken to like a child.

For years I’ve been stuck in this hell hold doing the same things every day, all day, getting out of bed putting on my old dirty rugged shirt and torn pants, then going in to the shop down stairs to work as a mechanic for that step monster of mine. I don’t even know how I got here, She tells me it was all luck somehow I turned up on the door step and she cared for me, but I don’t think she has ever cared for me, sometimes I would only eat once a week because she had to have gourmet food for herself and her rugged dogs. Oh ho I miss my own parents and getting education, but my aunt must have her Mani, Pedi or other wise she cant stand anything, this household is so frustrating every minute of every day I spend in this house only once a week do I go out to see the world.

 “APRIL GET OUT OF BED”

“Sorry aunt Vanessa I’m up now”

“Good you need to go out and get some food from the market and you know what I’m getting out so go treat yourself to a few extra hours outside”

“Thank you so mu…”

“BUT you must be home before 2 o’clock, I’m getting a delivery of new furniture and I’m not wrecking my nails again”

 Wow this must be the day things are going to change I am finally going to be able to breathe for some time before she cuts me off again and locks my in this house doing those dirty, disgusting chores of hers.