prologue

I'd like to say it started with a kiss, but then we'd all know I'd be lying. I believe it began way before that, when Alex was still the egotistical, sarcastic meathead that he was, and I was still the girl barely scraping by in life, unseen and unheard by all.

Maybe I'm being very evasive here, but at times it is a lot easier to push the blame on other people. Like Alex, who - despite his insistent claims that I "seduced" him first - was the one who started it all. Or the owner of the coffee shop. After all, if not for him, our paths would never have crossed again.

Or, we could just blame it on the dandelion wish.

dandelion wish

[dan-dl-ahy-uh n] /ˈdæn dlˌaɪ ən/ noun

1. a request for a given desire, or a way of alleviating a secret, achieved by blowing away the seeds of a dandelion

2. a means of discerning the given desire, wish, or secret of the blower of the dandelion

At least, that's what Alex would tell you.
But ultimately, dandelion wishes are merely the way of getting you to where you must take matters into your own hands and actually find out the secret. There is a lot more to it - the person has to be trustworthy, the moment perfect, and both people close at heart.

And for me, all these came in the form of Alex Riggs.

Because, you see, if you want to learn a wish, you teach them how to make one.