Author's Notes and Context

This story is dedicated to Doppelgengar, simply because he should love this.

For this story, I wanted to do something special. Sure, poetry might not be too new, but I did some searching and couldn't find any extended fanfic poems that told stories, and especially not in the style of epics. Epics are interesting in that they glorify an individual, the "epic hero," in a way that shows what a culture values. I decided to write from the "cultural" point of view of pokemon trainers.

The problem was which hero to focus on. After some research, I decided that Sir Aaron from the pokemon movie "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" fit the bill the best. He was shown to be a man of pure merit, he lived an immense time ago, but unfortunately he was mostly a blank slate.

Because of this lack of information about him, I came up with my own backstories for him, including an explanation for the large war seen in the movie. The first two chapters will be mostly extrapolation and my own ideas, with the third tying it in with what was in the movie. Also, I made the decision to split it up into three parts: early childhood, childhood to preteen years, and the last stretch of his life.

And just in case you were wondering, the Aaron from WSGABATA did not take his name from this Aaron, but you can think that if you want ;)

For those who have not seen the movie, here is a little bit of context to help you through:

Rota - the kingdom that the story takes place in

Queen Rin - the queen of Rota

Sir Aaron - the aura guardian who this story follows

Cameron Palace - the palace that Rin lives in

Aura - the blue energy that is the life force of living things, and which can be manipulated by only a select few such as Lucario and Aaron

Tree of Beginning - the absolutely massive tree that has its own ecosystems inside it

Now without further adue, I hope you enjoy the "Hero of Rota."