Chapter 9: "Thought you'd never ask..."

Kayla waved at Mrs Smith before heading out of 'Musique et Livres' towards her dorm. The past month that she had spent working there, had made her quite accustomed to her static lifestyle punctuated by classes, work, Will, Willow and Liz. Plugging her earphones smugly, Kayla began her walk back with Tove Lo playing.

Entering the room, Kayla found Will sitting on the edge of her bed, chewing his nails anxiously. Noticing her enter, he hastily got to his feet. Kayla raised her eyebrow in question and enquired, "Will, don't you have class?" for it was Friday and his classes ran an hour more than usual.

Will shook his head dismissively and pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose, something he did when he was nervous. His green eyes held an expression that Kayla couldn't quite comprehend. "Well..." he began, "I thought, that maybe, you know its about time, I guessed..." he left off.

Kayla looked at him expectantly.

Will visibly steeled himself, pushed forth a nervous smile and said, "Kayla, would you like to go on a date with me?"

Kayla simply smiled, turned around and casually replied,

"Thought you'd never ask."

***

Kayla's phone went off in her backpack as she sat on the steps to the library with Liz, Willow, Will and two of Will's friends - Sebastian and Reynold.

She grabbed it and saw Ryan's name and picture flash on the caller ID.

"Hey babydoll, how's college going?" he began.

"Well, for one, Professors needs to stop with their Calvin Klein model tactics..." she said, winking at Willow, who remained awestruck by Professor Rogers' 'charm and charisma'.

Kayla excused herself while William played Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams, the very first song he'd learned from her, on his guitar accompanied by the others' vocals, slightly off key.

To her delight, Kayla found that Ryan was going to visit her on Monday, having a couple of days off from work and classes.

***

"So for tomorrow, I'll pick you up from Willow and Liz's place at seven, yeah?" Will questioned Kayla, rubbing the back of his neck uncertainly. She looked up from the notes she was busily poring over, to reply in affirmative but instead realised that Ryan was coming to visit them that day, a minor detail that had just slipped from her. "Shit. Ryan's coming today!" she said, rising up. "Oh my god, Will, I'm so sorry. Geez, how could I forget.
I really don't want to reschedule our date. Oh my god, what am I going to do?" the rant went on.

Will grabbed her by the shoulders, "Kayla, he's coming today. We have to go on the date tomorrow. And you mentioned it that he's gotta to go to a party tomorrow anyway. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me stealing his sister for a few hours. If I manage to get the 'Bro-stamp-of-approval', that is." He winked.

***

A/N

*grabs Captain America's shield*

Hey guys! I'm really sorry for updating late but I've just had a lot on my plate recently. Thanks so much for putting up with me, tho :) If you're here, I'd just like to thank you from the depths of my heart.

And yo? I updated the cast. Let me know what you guys think?

Just a chill song as Song of the Chapter, cuz it's a chiller-filler, eh? The feel and tone of the song was considered in this case rather than the lyrics...it's all jumpy and ish.

Also, like 200+ reads?

Also, ik this is a short update, but I wanted to update something as soon I got some time

Also, ik this is a short update, but I wanted to update something as soon I got some time. Expect another short one in the coming week...:) Give me love in the comments and such.

Love y'all

-Harrison xx