The Awkward Number Two

I'm going to have fun and you shall not stop me *evil laughing*

Mitch's POV

I sat confused in the midst of the celebration that these creatures took part in. And to be honest...it wasn't any different from a regular party. The females were dancing with either their spouses or significant others and much of the males were cheering and just having a good time.

There were even children here. It was nice. But there was just one thing going through my head as I felt my dog tag.

Why exactly had the tribe leader claim me has his pet?

"Mitch! Come dance! Celebrate!" He said in the small group of females that surrounded him. They silently glared at me as I made my way over.

"Humans dance too no?" He asked, as he held out his hand.

"Uh yeah...but I don't dance, we'll I'm not good at it" I admitted after wearily taking his but yelped in regret as he pulled me close to his body.

"I'll lead, no worries!" I slouched my shoulders as I back away from him.

"Uh listen...sir, I don't-" He cut me off.

"That's right! Oh heavens me...my name is Jerome, how did I forget to introduce myself to my pet...how rude" I sighed in agony as he pulled me close to him again. I mean the tribal music wasn't bad either...it was enjoyable but I had no idea how to dance to this.

"Why am I your pet exactly?" I asked him, sloppily following his feet as he swung me.

"You've never learned the ways of the bacca?" He asked, tilting his head as he spun me, I shook my head and he smiled wide.

"Shall I teach you then?" So these creatures were called baccas then..

"Sure..." Not even a second after was he dragging me towards his home which was the largest tree home I've ever seen.

"Um...should you really be leaving the party?" I asked him as he lit a torch once I closed the door behind me. I found my way over to the couch and sat directly across from him.

"My people won't mind" He chuckled and took off his suit jacket.

"Do you mind if I get comfortable? It is a bit hot this evening.." He muttered as he unbuttoned his shirt.

"Don't care really..." I said as I took off my jacket as well as my long sleeve, breathing out in satisfaction.

"Marvelous..." He said making me look at him.

"What? Never seen a human before?" I joked.

"No, may I?" He asked as he got up and sat next to me.

"Uh....sure?" I jumped as he lifted my arm.

"So little fur...how do you keep warm in the winter?" He asked as he got a bit to close for my liking.

"Uh...fire" I tried backing away from him but I really didn't go far before I fell to the floor.

"Are you okay?" He asked laughing as he stood and gathered our clothes.

"Yeah...love the floor really" I chuckled, sitting up and taking off my shoes and socks.

"Come" He smiled at me and went further into the home, I quickly did as he asked and watched his little tail he had, it was cute.

"EY! Don't grab the tail!" I yelped and let go as he whimpered.

"Sorry..." Jerome only chuckled as he went upstairs with me trailing behind him.

"So uh...seeing as I'm going to be stuck here... where do I sleep?" I asked him.