Chapter 4

Gracie’s P.O.V.

Three days had passed and I hadn’t run into Louis. I was feeling safer now and more relaxed since he hadn’t been in my face. I could go to soccer practice and home and school and not see him at all. I felt lightness to myself now. I didn’t have to worry about him anymore. He’d gotten the message.

“You seem happy,” Hannah commented as I dribbled the soccer ball out to the field. “What’s up?”

“Louis hasn’t been around in three days!” I said excitedly. “He’s finally left me alone! I don’t have to deal with his crap anymore!”

“Think again,” she said looking past me to the stands. I spun around and saw him coming down the stairs and scooting into the bleachers. Was this real? Did he actually have the nerve to show his face here?

I ran across the field and climbed over the wall separating the bleachers from the field. I ran up the steps and stopped next to him.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I asked.

“Well hello to you too Gracie,” he said with that smile. That boyish and charming smile that pissed me off.

“Answer the question,” I demanded.

“I came to watch you play,” he answered. “Maybe dinner after?”

“You honestly think that after all you’ve said to me, I’m going to want to go to dinner with you?” I snorted. “Dream on.”

“You’re going to go to dinner with me,” he said. “Maybe not tonight, but you will.”

“I wouldn’t go to dinner with you if it meant I was going to win the championship,” I scoffed. “Just leave me alone.”

I spun on my heels and jogged back to Hannah who was waiting for me. “What’d he say?” she asked.

“He came to watch practice,” I said. “And then he asked me to dinner.”

“Did you say yes?” she asked excitedly.

“No!” I yelled. “Why would you even ask that?”

“Because honestly, I like you two together.”

“You need medication,” I rolled my eyes. There was no way I’d ever want to go out with Louis. Louis was immature. He was arrogant. He was nosey. The boy couldn’t stay out of my life. How arrogant could someone be to say they knew you better than yourself? No one could know me better than I could. The idea of it was laughable. The fact that Hannah wanted me and Louis to go out was sickening. I could never picture myself walking around with Louis, holding his hand, hugging him good-bye, having dinner with him. I shuddered. No. Never in a million years.

I couldn’t concentrate during practice. All I could think about was the stupid lad in the stands watching me and shooting me a wink every time I looked his way.

“Come on Gracie!” my coach yelled. “You need to step it up! We have a game in two days! We don’t have time for you to lose it now!”

“Yes coach,” I gasped for air before I took a swig of water. “Can I just have one minute?”

“Fine,” she sighed. “Five minutes everyone!”

I sprinted off to the stands where Louis was seated.

“Miss me?” he asked.

“Get out,” I told him bluntly.

“What?” he asked.

“Get out,” I said again. “No one said you could be here and I can’t concentrate. So get out.”

“You concentrated just fine with me there last week,” he smirked.