I thought you loved me

UPDATE AUGUST 2020:

Its been 4 years since I wrote this and as I'm reading new comments some of y'all are getting really heated LMAO.  Just wanted to remind readers that I was literally 11 when I wrote this💀 so please give my 5th grade ass a break. I am currently in the process of editing some chapters to polish it up a bit but keep in mind that this fanfic is in no way perfect and you will probably question a lot of the things I wrote lol. Enjoy!

This takes place years later after Marinette and Adrien went to high school. They're now in their late twenties, married and expecting their first child, a baby girl😊

Last edit: 8/3/20

"Adrien, you and I both know it meant nothing," Marinette pleaded.

"I wish I could understand." Adrien's voice trembled. "I wish I could forgive you, I really do. But I can't right now. I just need some time alone."

Tears began to form in Marinette's eyes, but she nodded reluctantly. "Ok, I'll give you space if that's what you want. But I need you to know that kissing Nathaniel meant nothing to me, I swear."

"Kissing the man you dated for two years before we found out about our identities, meant nothing, Marinette? Nothing?!" He picked up a flower vase and slammed it on the ground. She yelped and jumped back.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" she bawled. "Please, Adrien!"

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm sorry  that I wasn't enough for you." His words were full of hurt. "But I'm letting you go now, so go ahead and have your happily ever after with someone else who truly will make you happy. With Nathaniel."

Marinette sobbed even more at what he said. "No! I want you!" She ran close to him and grabbed his hands. "Adrien, you're the only one in my life. I love you more than words can speak. It's been you from the beginning, and it always will be." She clung to him desperately, the tears coming and coming. She couldn't lose him like this.

Adrien was crying. "Marinette, I can't. If you really loved me, you wouldn't have done something like that. And you knew it would hurt me." He shook her hands off of his and opened the doors of their mansion to leave.

"Adrien!" Marinette cried. She held onto his arm with both her hands, sobbing. "Come back to me. Let me explain."

"I don't want you to explain. I want you to leave me alone!"

Before he could go again, she grabbed both his cheeks and kissed him. Adrien knew it was wrong, but he couldn't help but fall into her embrace, remembering how much he loved her and needed her. He slowly began to return her kiss before he realized again how much she had hurt him. He couldn't just forgive her so easily like this, like nothing ever happened. He pulled away and turned around.

"I can't," he said. "I can't do this." He opened the door to their house and left, leaving Marinette to sit in her tears.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi!

Sorry for the short chapter, but this is just the beginning! Stay tuned in to read more. I'll update daily and try to reply to your questions.

If you're liking this book, please vote and comment and thank you so so much for taking your time to read this.

Signing out!

~Laurel