Investigation

Lucy awoke to a clanging sound and a putrid smell. She looked around the forest and even took a look inside the tunnel, nothing. Then she looked up and screamed, which alerted her friends to her. 

     "Lucy, what's wrong? Why did you s-" Brendan cut himself off, when he saw two half eaten bunny carcasses hanging from a chain on the bridge's overpass. "Simon, did you do this as a prank? If you did it's not funny."

  "What?! What made you think I did it? Lucy you believe me right? Tell Brendan I didn't kill those bunnies," He responded, but stopped when he saw Lucy's frightened expression.

  "Those poor bunnies," Lucy whispered, shaking in fear and shock. 

Brendan led her over to their camp. 

  "Okay, Lucy, just sit here while Simon and I find out what happened." Brendan explained to her, while setting her down and returning to Simon. 

        Lucy sat there thinking about who could've done this, when she saw a flash of white disappear into the forest. Lucy stared at the forest, once again, another flash. Was someone taking pictures of their reactions?  Fear began to fill Lucy's mind, they were being watched. 

   "S-Simon, Brendan, c-come here for a moment." Lucy stuttered, the lump in her throat was making it hard for her to talk. The two quickly stopped investigating the carcasses and quickly ran over to Lucy.

   "Yes, Lucy? What's wrong?" Simon asked, looking at her fearful expression. 

    "Someone's watching us. I just saw a flash of light, I think someone's taking pictures of us." Lucy replied, shaking even more. "They ran into the forest."

   "This must be a prank, some people have heard of the urban legend and they must be trying to record some scare pranks. I wouldn't worry about it, Lucy." Brendan explained, looking at the carcasses once more, before looking into the forest. "We'll stay for a few more nights, gather information about the legend, then leave. Just hang in there, Lucy." 

"Okay, just for a few more nights."