chapter two

"Are you going to move?"

Without hesitation she quietly answered "No."

"Good, I want to stay."

(Jackson's POV)

By now it was already 9:40, it had been two hours and they were still laying on the couch not speaking. They were simply just enjoying the position they were in. He glanced back down at her, and since she hadn't dried her hair her natural curls were starting to come out. She looked so beautiful like that and all he wanted to do was run his hands through her hair. She wouldn't mind would she? Hesitantly he put one hand on the back of her head and tangled her hair in his fingers. It was softer than he had imagined. He let his other hand fall to her waist where a tiny bit of her skin was exposed under the t shirt. When he made contact with her skin she shivered under his touch.

"April?"

"Yes?" Her face was buried in his chest and he could almost feel her lips moving through his t shirt.

"Is this okay?" He wanted to make sure she was comfortable, he would never want to put her in an uncomfortable position.

"It's great." Resting her hand underneath her chin she looked up at him with her hazel eyes.

The proximity of their faces was so close he could almost feel her breath on his face. Damn he really wanted to kiss her now. To let his feeling overtake him and kiss her. Last night he had thought of her as nothing more than a close friend but this morning he wanted her as his own. He moved his hand to the square of her back. His other hand moved from her hair to the side of her face, memorizing all her features. Her eyes were mesmerizing. They were dark and light at the same time with colors of green and brown. Eyes that had seen everything, eyes you could easily get lost in.

"April, I really want to kiss you?" What the hell has he just said.

"What?" She smiled at him, he loved her smile.

"Right now, being with you, I just want to kiss you." His eyes fell to her lips, they were pink and soft, he wanted to kiss her so fucking badly.

"Then why don't you?" She adjusted her position on top of him. "Kiss me Jackson."

It felt like forever, like he had wanted to kiss her his whole life. He tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear. This moment was perfect. If he could live in it forever he would, just about to kiss the girl he had subconsciously always wanted to kiss. His hand moved from her chin to the back of the neck to pull her closer. Just before their lips met her pager vibrated on the table.

"Shit!" April exclaimed, leaping off him leaving him cold.

"9-1-1? I thought I had the day off... Um. Stay here! I'll be back soon... Maybe. I'll, um, call you from the hospital." Grabbing her keys off the hook and throwing her hair in a ponytail. It was obvious she was flustered from what had just happened between them and now it was awkward. What the fuck had he done? He threw his head back on the couch and stared up at the ceiling.

...

(April's POV)

Had that really happened? She jumped in her car and checked herself in the mirror.

"Oh my god." She whispered as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Normally she always styled her hair and wore makeup but she looked so bare without it. She threw her phone and pager on the passenger seat and started her drive to the hospital. Some random radio station started playing some cheesy love song

"Kiss me like you want to be loved..."

In frustration she slammed the button on the radio turning it off. Today she would drive in silence, she needed to think about what had happened in her apartment with Jackson. She pulled up to a red light.