Dissipation

The heat was so intense, that all nervous sweat evaporated before it had appeared, and his glass of water had reduced to a prop.
        "And I am sorry. Really sorry." Placing his right hand gently onto hers, which he believed was restraining her will to grasp. 'This is how people do this, right...' - straining himself in thought - 'this... Physical touch thing?' The contradiction behind such actions confused him terribly, wondering why pinning someone's hand down, comforted them. He had no intention on removing his hand for he had seen countless others place their hands consolingly, and he couldn't attest to their confidence in their actions either, so for all the knew, everyone shared this conversation with themselves.
        "Okay, listen. I can help you, you just need ask."
        He wondered if other oppressive actions held similar effects. 'Think carefully;' - he demanded of himself - 'I have seen a woman smile after being bound by marriage: young skin and letters of complacence in their eyes. And I have seen' - thinking more intently, spying the mall's cafeteria for an example, - 'a woman smile after an embrace; a constricting, claustrophobic, constraining hug. A cohabitation of bodies and mismatched feet. Oh! How many feet! Is two, too few?'
        But he could not afford breaking down in public, and even more a reason -his eyes (the first to show signs of any degree of distress) were looking directly into hers, and she had not witnessed anything take place in his eyes. If there were any signs of struggle, his pupils would surely have dilated to make room for such a monstrous birth, contacting and falling. In fact, she had accounted his eyes looked so unscathed and pure, she ever wondered if he had experienced anything at all.