entry one (2)

Dear Diary,

I hate Ashley. I hate her so much.

So what if she's my step sister? She's always ticking me off.

She's bragging about how her hair is so soft, how her clothes are so "elegant." One thing she's forgetting about, she's way from there. Her hair isn't soft, she attacks it with way too much shampoo and conditioner products, you can see how thinner her hair gets by the month. And her clothes aren't elegant, they're disgusting! Wearing really short dresses to school? Um, comfortable much? Wearing tank tops that almost show . . . your you know what? That's a huge no for me. Why would Ashley wear such a thing like that to school? It confuses me greatly.

Mom gave me this diary to put my feelings in yesterday. If you were wondering why, it was my birthday yesterday. Now, please don't flood me with happy birthday comments because I hate the reminder that I'm getting older. I don't want to. I want to stay as young as possible and I mean it.

You know that quote that Louis Tomlinson says? "Live fast, have fun, and be a bit mischievous,"? Oh no, wait, the other one: "Live for the moment because everything is uncertain," That's the fact that I live by. I live for the moment because everything else in my future is uncertain. Just my life motto.

Ok, so you wanna know what Ashley did to me? She slapped me and then ripped my favourite sweater in which, I did have on before. Since it's ripped I had to take it off. The sad part is, that was my favourite sweater. Dad bought it for me a year ago before he disappeared, so you can basically tell that I cherish it so much. Of course Ashley had to ruin it.

Ashley and I never got off on a good note. Once we met, we didn't click, we crashed. So lucky for you, my story doesn't include a nice, loving sister like all the other stories out there. Damn do I wish I had a nice person to live with. Sure, my mom and step-dad are nice, but someone who is my own age.

Gotta go, dinner is ready. I could just smell the food.

Mom cooked her home-made mashed potatoes and apple pie. She also bought two tubs of mint chocolate ice cream from the Vons a few blocks down. Yum.

Love,

Carly xx