Summer's Fall

[A/N: This is the revised version of my story in MeLyCia, She's A Stalker.]

I never wished for the limelight.

I like attention as much as I like people. I don’t. I prefer being alone. I find solace in solitude. I rarely communicate with people but that doesn’t make me anti-social. Well, maybe it does. I don’t know. Frankly, I don’t really care.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a miserable individual. In fact, I’d rather be alone in life than mingle with imprudent people. They give me headaches.

I’m doing a fine job myself being disregarded. I have an average physique, or so I think. I’m not really what you describe as striking, so being unnoticeable is not the hardest thing to do. I don’t involve myself in clubs. I don’t recite unless needed. The activities I do mostly limit to what I’m required to do. If I don’t have to do it, I won’t.

Unlike most people, I don’t prefer an unpredictable life. I don’t find it exactly thrilling. I’d rather have an open book for a life, and I favor things going exactly as I planned it. The majority might find it tedious, but again, I don’t really care. I like it that way.

Things were going pretty well, at least precisely as I intended it. That is until, I found out that I have a stalker. No, scratch that. I discovered that I had the most popular girl in school on my tail.

Plan going well? Not so much.

--x

I let out a long sigh before walking again. I’m positive that someone’s following me. And I know who it is. How troublesome.

I stopped my tracks. Then I heard someone gasp and felt something- or someone bump into my back. I turned around, locking my gaze to a girl massaging her forehead.  Her eyes widened when she saw me, or more likely when I saw her.

“S-Summer!” I cringed when she said my name. Somehow, I’m still not accustomed to being called a season. “W-What a.. surprise!” she said nervously and forced out a smile. “I—I wasn’t following you whatsoever! Ha..ha.”

I sighed. She’s really bad at lying.

“If you’re going to follow me again, I suggest you don’t bump into my back,” I said in a seemingly bored and uninterested tone.

Her cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. She bit her lip. “I wasn’t following you!” she insisted, trying to look intimidating but her appearance is not making it easy for her.

“Right,” was all I said, not bothering to sound convinced. She pouted at my sarcasm.

“But.. that’s what I’m supposed to do, right?” she asked innocently, her eyes probing. “After all, I’m Summer’s certified stalker!” she lifted her chin up and flashed a sweet smile that no doubt can charm everyone at school.

I sighed inwardly. “Idiot. That’s not something to be proud of,” I reprimanded her in my head. 

I looked at her again. She’s cute, no doubt about it. Actually, that would be an understatement. That must be the reason why she receives confessions almost every period.

Her name is Haruka Fule. She’s well-known in school and is the star of our academy. Not only because of her charm but also because of her extraordinary talent in playing the violin and singing, as well as in sports like archery, tennis and swimming. She also belongs to Section A and manages to get high marks.

She’s most likely perfect.

Her cheeks were tinted red again and I realized I was staring at her. She averted her gaze and her right foot fidgeted back and forth. “U-Umm, why is Summer s-staring at me? Somehow, I feel.. embarrassed. Huwaaa~ am I blushing?” She placed her hands on both cheeks. “What should I do? What should I do?”

I watched her panic. She looked like she was about to pass out. I held back another sigh.

I’m Summer Alcantara. Please address me as Sam or by my surname. A description of me would be lazy student who would rather sleep in class than listen to boring lectures. I conserve my energy and don’t talk too much as well. Other information is classified.

So how the hell did she end up as my stalker?