Chapter 2- Messing around

CHAPTER TWO

I felt a thump just before I open my eyes. The trip was exhilarating.

The first thing I do is hold out my hand to test my magic. A green ball formed in my hand. So magic does work here, just not with the curse.

We were trying to transport me to three day after Emma Swan got here. I'm hoping we did. Otherwise explaining things will be hard.

I then make sure I have my bags- and thank god I do. I check through and all the content I packed is still in there.

I check my surroundings. I was in the forest. To my left was the Well. I know exactly where I am.

I knew StoryBrook like the back of my hand. I knew the ins and outs of this place. I have an advantage.

I stand up and brush off the dust. I wonder how Magnus is after that spell? I'm sure he's fine, but I still wonder. I will find a way to contact him, no matter what I have to do.

I start to walk, making my way to the town. It's only a very short walk to get there.

I decide once I'm there, to stick to back roads, in the shadows until I feel like announcing my presents.

I finally decide to peer my head out once I reach the hotel. I see the yellow bug sitting there. Great, we did it at the right time.

I decide to walk in, and get a room. Maybe Emma and me can get a apartment together, instead of her having to move in with Snow. Well, I guess her names Mary-Margaret right now. I'm going to have to get use to that for a while. I can't slip up.

I walk into the hotel.

" Oh look, another new person." Granny said.

" Is that unusual to have new people?" I ask her, knowing already. But I have to play dumb with many things.

" Oh yes. But you are the second one this week."

" And when did the last one come?"

" Four days ago." She tells me. Perfect, Mr. Gold knows the truth.

" Can I have a room please?" I ask.

" Sure you can dear. I'll set one right up." She tells me. I smile at her in thanks, and wait up.

Just then Emma comes down the stairs, sliding past Granny. I jump up on excitement.

" Hi." I say to her as I stick out my hand. She looks at me confused.

" Hey." She says to me, shaking my hand.

"Sorry, it's just you're the first normal person I've seen since the person that runs this hotel. It's nice just to see someone else."

" Well, it's good to meet you. I'm Emma. And you are?"

" Penelope."

" I must be on my way. Welcome to StoryBrook."

" You as well. Goodbye."

" Your room is ready dear. Here is your key." Granny says as she hands me the key.

" Thank you." I tell her as she starts leading me up the stairs.

" I couldn't help over hear you saying your name was Penelope. Such a pretty name. Everyone around here calls me Granny, always have for some reason."

" Nice to meet you."

" Have a nice stay, and if you need anything, just ring the bell."

" Will do, thank you."