01

A/N: the whole story will be in Joe's POV

I walked into the empty school hall; little noises coming from some classes. First day of school and I was already late. Nice Joe, really nice.

I found my math class, knocked and walked in. Everyone turning their heads towards me while I started at the new teacher, expecting a detention or something. Instead she smiled sweetly and said "hi! Come on, take a seat. I haven't started yet."

Well at least she was nice. I turned my head and faced the class for the first time. Familiar faces in the last row. Of course the whole squad would sit there.

I walked down the isle and sat on the empty chair beside Oli, my best friend. We stayed quiet the whole time in class. It was a bit strange, since we were always wild and loud. I guess it's because we're juniors now and everyone's taking school more seriously. We all had somewhat good grades after all.

After the bell rang we started chatting and walking to our other classes. Zoe and Alfie separated from us to go to History, while the rest of us meaning Oli, Jim, Tanya, Marcus and me went to English . I loved English but the teacher...he was an absolute pain in the ass.

We went to the back of the class and sat down. Oli talking nonstop about girls and boys and rumors. I swear he was a big-mouthed girl on the inside. I heard a very loud laughter and looked up, seeing the most terrifying sight. Well at least for me. Troye was walking in, laughing with Tyler and Connor. His eyes locked with mine for a second and then he turned and continued talking to Connor.

I gulped while my heart was beating fast and hard against my chest. We had broken up during summer. He had broken up with me. Over texting! After being together for more than a year, without any explanations. I hadn't seen him in two months. He had perfectly managed to avoid seeing me over summer, despite having a shit load of common friends.

I still loved him. I had forgotten the feeling he gave me just by looking at me. The familiar electricity rushing through my body, making me feel drunk and lightheaded.

Suddenly English became my most hated subject. With the teacher and Troye. Just fucking awesome.

I turned my head to Oli who was talking to Tan and Jim, not noticing that I wasn't listening to him anymore. I can't decide which one of us is the worst best friend.

***

Holding my lunch tray, I walked through the students to our table. On my way I waved to Josh and smiled. He smiled back and continued eating and talking to his friend. He helped me in math last year, just before the finals when everyone else was busy studying and didn't have time to help me out. I still owe him for that.

Slamming my tray, I sat at our table. The whole table looked at me and I stared back at them. Then I hit my head hard on the table and groaned. Everyone laughed as Oli leaned in to ask if I was okay. I shook my head no.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Troye... I-Oli I miss him. Sooo much" I whined.

He patted my shoulder awkwardly before grabbing it and forcing me to sit back up, "aww buddy! Don't say that. We've talked about it before. You don't miss him, you just miss having someone to love."

"Yeah, but-"

"No buts, now eat your lunch before I do it for you."

"Stone hearted, fat ass, bitch." I muttered under my breath.

"JOE!!" He screamed and we both laughed.

***

After a very long and painful day at school, I finally got out of the building. As I was walking towards my car I spotted a couple making out, leaning on a car. The one whose back was facing me had terribly familiar dark, curly hair and familiar tiny figure. Troye.

They separated after a while, not noticing me staring at them. I didn't need to move to find out who the other guy was. The bright blue hair color was screaming Tyler.

A/N: it's my first ever fanfiction AND the first time I write something in English which is not my mother tongue. So please be gentle about any mistakes I have probably made. :,)