The Vampire Inside Of You

Prologue

"Just go home,"Will said dryly,turning away from Delilah.Delilah felt her heart coming up,tearing out of her throat.A single,hot tear drop fell briskly from her red and puffy face.She sniffed once more."You are my home,"she said,her voice altering.Will looked back into Delilah' s green,saddened eyes.He moved forward,inching closer to Delilah.Their faces were merely just centimeters away as Will breathed,"I never loved you."

I never thought about the unexplained.People live,love,die.That's It.Nothing else.No one can live forever in one form.No witches,vampires,wolves.Just,humans.I never thought anything to the contrary before I entered Middleton High in Bellsview,Oregon.I moved from Louisiana. I wasn't used to the sun.It was always raining and wet.My black hair,wet and matted,stuck against my face,now was frizzy and had too much volume as I walked into the warm entrance of Middleton High' s front office.An older man with thin,graying brown hair was sitting over the counter,studying a computer screen.He looked up at the sound of my old black vans squeaking against the shiny linoleum,leaving a trail of muddy footprints."Hello,you look new,"he said,rustling papers."Yeah,Delilah Cummings,"I said,my voice coming off too nasaly.I cleared my throat a little too loudly.He kept on picking through paper after paper until he found the one with my name stamped on the cover page.He handed me the page.I briefly looked over at the stack of papers.My schedule,the map of the school,and what looked like the school newspaper.I nodded my head towards him and pushed through the double doors into the massive sea of the student body.I inhaled.This shouldn't be too hard,I thought to myself.I turned to my left to see a dark haired boy glancing at me uncertainly.