A Dragon Wedding for the Ages

Approximately 9 months after Trainity and Snotlout's wedding.

☽ௐ☾Diamondspirit☽ௐ☾

I was beginning to feel that it was time. Echogreen and I had been on so much together. There was Silica and Neroda, and then Neroda and Silica again. There seemed to be no end to the torment we were going through.

The thing is, through every hardship we've faced, I have grown closer to Echogreen. She's gotten more and more beautiful day by day. She's ... well ... for me, she's perfect.

A crash sounded and I turned around. One of Stormfly's younger siblings stood there with her head tilted to one side. She examined me.

I sighed. "I can't play with you today, Silly."

Silly sighed in despair and flew up to me. She landed on my back. "But you NEVER play with me!" She moaned. One wing went to her forehead. "I'm dieing of boredom here!"

I nudged the little Nadder off my back. "I've played with you lots!"

She scowled. "Since when?"

"Well ... I played with you after you recited an epic of Paintsplash and Toothless' many adventures."

"Ha! Then Echogreen came along and you were enchanted by her beauty and you talked to her completely ignoring me."

I blushed. I guess it was true. To an extent of course.

"See!" The Nadder squawked. "I was right! I was right! Admit it." She narrowed her eyes at me and I had no choice but to laugh.

"Silly, maybe you should go ask Stormfly to play with you. I'm preparing something."

"Stormfly never plays with me. Not until she met that Deadly Nadder."

"Well I can't have you hanging around here."

Silly's eyes lit up. "Are you making a necklace."

"No," I mumbled. It was a complete lie. Of course I was making a necklace!

"You are, aren't you?!"

I nodded. "You got me. I am making a necklace."

"For Echogreen?"

I nodded my confirmation.

"Wow, Diamondspirit. I thought it was just a faze."

The way she said it so offhandedly was hilarious. I laughed. "No, dear Silly, it is not a faze."

"Drat."

I stopped laughing and turned back to my work. Silly climbed up next to me.

"Where are the rings of gold? Or the poetry?"

"I just started ..."

"Oh."

I nodded and continued to work.

"So! Uh ... what now?"

"Well, for one you can go," I suggested.

Silly thought about that for a moment. "Nah."

"Please?"

"Nope! I want to see you make the necklace."

I sighed. This was going to be a long long day.

✡ৎ✡Echogreen✡ৎ✡

The waves crashed at my paws. I looked down. My face was contorted into something like fear. No! I must face this! I think to myself.