prologue

Wind flew past her as she ran
Adrenaline pumped through her veins
Her heartbeat was thudding in her chest
Nearly there!
He was coming for her.
Just a little faster

"TAG!"
She groaned
"Zaynnnnn" whined Chloe while trying to catch her breath
"I told you I would catch you! I am the fastest boy in grade 4 after all".

Before either one of them  got a chance to catch their breath Chloe's mum called  for chloe to come inside urgently the softness in Chloe's mother's voice made chloe very curious as to what her mum was calling her for .Chloe quickly  tied her loose brown short hair into a pony tail and walked inside to the living room followed by zayn.

As she rushed Into the room her eyes were met with her mums usually bright eyes that now seemed dull and lifeless while her nose was bright red and eyes were puffy showing that she had been crying for quite a while now .Her hands were trembling and she kept playing with her fingers very awkwardly thinking deeply about something which chloe could tell due to her mums focus and the fact she didn't notice Chloe's presence . The sad look in her eyes and the deep thinking suggested the news wasn't good at all and it wasn't gonna be easy to explain to such a young child  .

Her mum inhaled in  a deep breath before  motioning for chloe to sit down and zayn followed. They both held looks of concern when looking at the once so strong women that now looked so destroyed and hopeless. She sat there muffling in silent cries before gently holding Chloe's soft pale hands in hers for comfort.

Then swiftly speaking after taking a deep breath and looking into Chloe's light blue eyes that were full of curiosity and worry.  She  spoke the words with as much pain in her eyes that u could see how much this was hurting her  "your dad " "your dad" before wiping away a tear that fell down and before continuing "he's not going to be living with us no more my child" Chloe squinted her eyes not understanding what her mum was implying .

She opened her mouth holding her mums face to wipe away the falling tears and softly spoke the words"we could go move to dad then".Chloe didn't quite understand the situation.

Zoe entered the room after over-hearing the conversation. Zoe was Chloe's younger sister she came in and abruptly sat down in front of chloe and her mom.
"chloe, dads leaving us and he's never coming back! He doesn't love us anymore. mom and dad are getting a divorce "she said looking at her feet as tears welled up in her sea green eyes.  Seeing this,  caused her mother to cry even louder, her shoulders shaking violently.

Chloe's eyes hardened as she spoke"what?! Your wrong! Dad loves me he wouldn't leave! he loves us!He said he was always going to be there for us! He said I was his princess!why would he leave his princess?! he loves us! you are all lying! Your just trying to hurt me! I won't believe you! I won't believe this! " Chloe's mother flinched at her eight year old daughters harsh tone.

She was gripping the sofa in anger ,not knowing how to process what her sister and mother were telling her. She was terrified of the truth. She loved her father dearly, he was her hero the thought of him leaving made her sick. He  made her feel safe when she was in his arms ,she felt like nothing could harm her.Letting go of that would completely destroy her.He was everything to her. He was the only person who understood her.

Tears fell from Chloe's eyes as she curled herself up into a ball and cried soundlessly into her arm.As tears kept falling from her swollen eyes her heart beating faster her arms trembling and finding it difficult to hold on. Rocking herself back and forth .The feeling of losing her dad burned her heart and made her feel like  being stabbed in the heart with a sharp knife over and over again.

Her mother and Zoe left the room they gave Chloe some space plus they knew zayn would look after her.
While Chloe was receiving the news zayn kept his eyes on her watching as his best friend went into denial about her father. Her icy blue eyes glistening as she teared up. He thought she was beautiful.

As soon as her family left,  Chloe was engulfed in scrawny yet warm arms. Zayn stayed quiet as he watched her trembling in his arms. After what felt like eternity she looked up at him. Sky blue broken eyes met chocolate brown comforting ones.
It was in that moment zayn vowed to hold her and never let her go...

We will upload after we get ten votes.