foreword

E X T E N D E D  S U M M A R Y

After almost six years of living in Australia away from her beloved London and her equally beloved best friend and soul sister Rosa, Ebony Richards has finally come back home. However, upon returning she hadn't quite prepared herself for the possibility of things not being quite how she left them.

Rosa is acting far too secretive for Ebby's liking.

No one from school even remembers her at her own party.

And to make matters worse, her favourite little pastry shop no longer exists.

It isn't until the introduction of Rosa's 'new' friend, the charming and equally mysterious Noah Ford, that home really starts to feel like home again for Ebby. When she's around him, Ebby finds herself forgetting all about her qualms of the unfamiliar London she once called home.

But like all good things, Noah comes at a price: his dark and unpredictable past. As well as trying to adjust to being back in a now utterly alien London - a place she feels she can no longer call home - and figuring out what exactly Rosa has been up to, Ebby begins to unravel Noah's dark past in an attempt to help him battle the demons that have come back to haunt him.

As time goes on Ebby feels herself falling, for the good and bad, but also finds herself feeling responsible for the catching of others who have fallen too far... 

No one said first love was easy.

* * *

This story was influenced by some of the great works of poetry by Rupi Kaur. I strongly advise anyone reading this that you too, read some of her poetry. Her book, Milk & Honey, is an absolute blessing to read and healer of hearts. I promise you will not be disappointed if you read it, so please check it out if you can.

So without further ado, welcome to The Art of Falling. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Songs and other media are likely to be attached on some of the chapters as they too greatly influence my writing, so listen along if you can. Thank you to anyone who even reads the prologue - it means more to me than you'd think if someone were to even read a page of my writing.

Love always - Eva Lou.

xo

* * *

he says

i am sorry i am not an easy person to want

i look at him surprised

who said i wanted easy

i don't crave easy

i crave god damned difficult

- Rupi Kaur