~chapter 1~

Kevin sighed as he pulled into the near empty parking lot; today was orientation, and the beginning of his new life. In eight years he would be the successful doctor his father wanted. the thought made him cringe, remembering the fights with his father about this. 

flashback 

"Why won't you listen to what I have to say!?"

"Well why should I? All you want to do is get yourself killed, by playing the same rubbish as your brother!"

"It's not rubbish, dad; you know he loved football--"

"I don't care!... I won't lose you too!... You are going to Yao, and you are going to be a doctor; is that clear?"

End flashback

Kevin slammed the door to his truck, and kicked the front tire in frustration. "Well," he murmured to himself, trudging through the double doors, "hello new me..."

     As Kevin walked in a receptionist came to greet him, saying kindly, "Hello, you must be Mr. Fletcher; we have been awaiting your arrival." She said this with a forced grin, obviously putting up a nice face for the new kid

"Thanks... I guess?" Kevin scratched his head, a little confused and already board. 

"Follow me, we have to get you to orientation," she turned, trailing a finger over her shoulder as if leading a dog. Kevin followed, looking at the grand hallway filled with lockers, which gave it the cold school feeling, but had a gracefully decorated arch in the ceiling, something one might find in an elaborate European church. 

She stopped at a set of double fire doors, hidden between the lockers so well one would miss it if they didn't know where it was. "Here we are! Have fun now," as she turned away, Kevin could've sworn he saw a devious little smirk on her face. 

TO BE CONTINUED NEXT MONDAY...