The Choice

Hey Guys! I decided to start writing a second story. This one though is an old story of mine that I had actually already wrote on an old account. That account has since been deleted but I really loved that story and it did really well on my other account. I hope you enjoy it!

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

"Shit!" I say whilst scrambling out of bed.

8 friggen 45! I have 15 minutes to be at softball practice!

I quickly strip from my pajamas and throw on the nearest shorts and shirt I can find. My long brown hair is carelessly thrown up into a bun without any brushing whatsoever. A light spritz of perfume and a couple swipes of deodorant later and I am out of the door in a heartbeat without so much as a wave or a 'goodmorning' to my parents. I quickly throw my softball bag into the trunk, put the key in the ignition and drive off.

I honestly think that was the fastest I have ever gotten dressed in my life. I slowly increase the pressure of my foot on the gas pedal as I notice the clock in my car reading 8:50. Ten minutes to get to a highschool that's normally fifteen minutes away? I can do it, as long as the traffic lights are in my favor.

I roll into the highschool at 9:10 because of course, every single light was red when I came up to it. Well F-you too. I quickly get out of the car and grab my bag from the trunk. I slowly walk to the doors of the highschool gym because my head suddenly starts to throb painfully.

Not again. This has been happening for at least the last month and it hurts like hell. My parents got me some painkillers reluctuantly after I begged them not to take me to the hospital to get it checked out. In my rush this morning to get ready I must have forgotten to take them. But I mean everyone has headaches right? Mine are just a little more... severe than others. I'll just have to push through the pain today I guess.

I finally walk in to the gym and am greeted by the whole softball team, the coaches, and some of the girls parents staring at me.

It's rude to stare. I think to myself. After a few seconds everybody turns around and continues talking to one another. Everybody except one person. I can feel the coaches eyes boring into the back my head from here. I turn around and sheepishly smile at him hoping that he would just leave me alone. He angrily walks towards me and drags me into the corner of the gym away from everyone else.

"And why the hell are you late today?" He asks angrily

"Because my alarm clock didn't go off."

His face contorts with frustration. "That is no excuse, now go join the rest of the team before I get really angry and do something stupid. And don't be late again or I will punish you and the whole team."

"Yes Sir, I won't do it again." I quickly walk away and go throw with my bestfriend on the team.

God I wonder who stuck a stick up his ass this morning.

"What did Coach James say to you?" My bestfriend Chloe asks.

"Oh you know the usual, don't be late again or else..." I say trying to imitate his voice.

Chloe laughs "Not surprised, he acts like he's tough but he couldn't hurt a fly if he wanted to."

I start laughing "That's So true."

Once we get warmed up throwing we split up into groups and start doing different drills.

20 minutes later