The Smell of Rain and Cigarettes

My alarm clock buzzed dor the last time here. This can't be real. I don't want to be real. Moving was the last thing I wanted to do, but its necessary when your reputation is being blasted through your walls. On the streets, through my school hallways, everywhere. I used to like it here I, truely did and still do. Sometimes to keep your sanity you have to get away frim it all. I am so close to getting a bachelor's but I can't live with the pressure. Yesterday I explained to my teachers about my future absence which they seem to all say in unison in my mind, "I'm sorry it has to be this way, good luck."

I slept on a pallet I made on the floor because that is already stored in the truck along with the rest of my belongs except my lamp and of couse my alarm clock. The sun was radiant and became very evident without my curtains in my apartment. It is a 12 hour drive from here in Arizona to Seattle, so I had to hurry up and hop into the shower before any the sun decides to evaporate your skin.

I get out the shower and throw on my tank, flannel, and high waist shorts I laid out last night when my phone rang on the floor near the power socket. I pick it up to she it was Diego, the only friend who understands/knows everything that's going on.

"Ya ready?," He says with his southern drawl.

"Yeah, are you here?"

"Just pullled up."

"Okay I'll be down in a sec."

And with that I grabbed handled box full of things I need to hold on the way. I pull my phone and charger in my pocket and grab my lamp and head out the door. Before I left, I took one last look of my three year home then walked away before I was about to cry.

Diego was in the U-Haul downstairs like he said and I carefully walked down the steps trying not to break my lamp.

I open the truck's doir and set the box by my feet and hopped in.