Jump and Fall in the Eden of Hell

Suuuuuup, b!tches. Lol. Sorry I cut the last chap. It didn't sound right when I tried connecting them.

I SUUUUUCK! Ugh. Sorry I don't update fast. I've been reading fanfics. Hahahahaha. I hate reading fanfics, but why am I doing it anyway?WHYYYYY? *cries into eternity*

Vote and or comment, btw. Love ya.

Anyways, here you go. Chap 3.

_____________________________________

Elizabeth lied down on her bed and blankly stared at the cold black ceiling. She was getting bored. They didn't give her books to read, a canvas to paint on, or a needle to sew with, and she didn't want go out of her room, fearing that she might get lost in this huge maze of a palace. Her sense of direction wasn't exactly the best. She was also starting to feel uncomfortable. During her stay here, she hasn't eaten anything and though she wasn't hungry, it felt wrong. She just had to nibble on some food. To Hell with it, she thought, after a few minutes of hesitation. Elizabeth shook her head, telling herself that she really needed to stop using those kind of lines, knowing she was already in 'said place'.

The ginger head jumped off her bed, briefly fixed herself in the mirror, and opened the wooden double doors. She poked her head out first, and looked from left to right to see if anyone was around. Not that she was going to do anything wrong. She just didn't know how she should act in front of these people -- demons. She somewhat tiptoed out of her room, and looked from left to right, trying to decide which direction to go. Elizabeth stood there for what seemed like minutes, but then decided to let her feet take her where she was meant to go.

Her heels clacked on the cold, black stone at every step and echoed through the hollow halls, giving the place an eerier feel, if that was even possible. A chill went up her spine and she stopped in her steps. This is a bad idea, she thought, but kept walking anyway, as if something was compelling her to. She went straight ahead or took a turn, and went up or down a few sets of stairs when she felt like it. Elizabeth looked down to her shoes from time to time so that she wouldn't end up stepping on one of the small gaps in between the cemented stones, and accidentally trip when the thin heels get caught in them. The French, the greatly ignominious French, believed that women should wear beautiful shoes so that it would lead them to some place wonderful. She scoffed. Elizabeth, like everyone else in her country, hated the French. They were just so annoying.

To her surprise, Elizabeth found herself on a wide balcony, overlooking a large lake with a few flowers and trees growing along its borders, which she thought of as strange. Hell, by context, was a place of suffering and destruction, a place where flowers and trees -- or anything, for that matter -- couldn't possibly grow. But here she was, in the land of the dead, looking at a lake with some flowers and greenery. Of course, green and every other color looked darker and reddish in the place.

Each day, a sinister, black 'Sun' rose from the horizon and mourned the souls in perdition, slightly illuminating the crimson firmament of Hell. But in Hell, no day was different from the other. There was always the same excruciating pain from yesterday, and the poor, damned souls always cried for the same thing. Liberation.

Elizabeth knew no one was going to feel free or at peace any time soon. The eternity in Hell, as mentioned in the scriptures, was a permanent thing that was meant to go on forever. But if they saw this place, in all its beauty and tranquility, perhaps their yearning for peace would be satiated, if not just by a little, and somewhere in their minds, they would be able to find their own illusion of serenity.

Elizabeth went down the stairs at the end of the balcony and headed for the lake. Her shoes slightly sank at each step she took on the soft soil so she kicked them off and stopped to feel the reddish grass with her bare toes. She closed her eyes and took deep breaths, trying to feel the all too familiar clean air and nature around her. Perhaps this is what it felt like to be alive, she thought. But having nearly no memories of her past, she wasn't all too sure, and a sudden wave of sadness hit her. She realized she knew almost nothing and that she was always at a position where everything she felt had a certain degree of familiarity, but never the slightest bit of certainty. She slowly opened her eyes, partly hoping that she would see the breathtaking view with vibrant colors of reality and not with the reddish tint of Hell. Sadly, her desire remained the empty wishful thinking it was.