Chapter Seven.

I was getting ready for Violet's 19th birthday party quickly because it started already and Victoria and I are late.

Victoria was ironing her hair while on the phone with Liam. "Yes, yes, Liam. I know that you can't make it to the party but I have finally made friends and I'm not going to ditch them to spend a Friday night staying in with you."

"I know you're sick but I really want to go to this party, Liam." Victoria rolls her eyes at me and I chuckle. "Liam, just feel better and I'll call you in a few-no! You said that you..."

I zone her conversation out of my brain and turn up the music playing.

A text from Violet shows up on my phone.

I look down and see it.

From: Violet Hall

Hey, you coming tonight?

I reply that Victoria and I are going. She doesn't reply after that, not that I blame her because she's probably getting ready. Today is her actual 19th birthday and she's really sweet.

I put on a black bodycon dress with a vertical design on it and black Jeffrey Campbell's, and then iron my hair straight. I put on some mascara, pink lip gloss, and do a smokey eye.

Victoria is still arguing on the phone with Liam. I always get ready faster than her. I already know what she was gonna wear so I take the black form fitting dress and black strappy heels from her closet.

"Fine, Liam, fine! But are you sure? I don't want you to do anything you don't wanna do." Victoria says and then smiles. "Okay, I'll see you then. I love you."

I smile to myself when she says 'I love you' to Liam, it's sweet and intimate.

"Despite Liam being sick, he'll come to the party just for me." Victoria says and immediately changes into the outfit that was lied out on the couch. "He'll just meet us there."

I immediately think of Cole, who must be heartbroken every time he sees Victoria with Liam. I fully ship Victoria and Liam and would never want them to break up but I at least felt some sympathy for Cole. Maybe if I made some more friends, I could set Cole up or something.

I look at the time on my phone. 8:09 pm. The party started already at 8:00 so we should really hit the road.

Victoria and I head for the door when the moment I go to open it, there's a knock on the door.

I recognize her as my neighbor from across the hall, Laura.

She's tiny in height and has her thin brown hair tugged back in a ponytail. She's wearing a v-neck and sweats, it doesn't look like she's going anywhere tonight.

"Oh, a-am I bothering you?" Laura asks in a quiet and soft voice.

I look at Victoria who hasn't really taken a liking to Laura, and then turn back to Laura. "Of course not."

Laura's expression softens. "I was just wondering if you guys were busy, and wanted to study, maybe?"

I frown and I picture the smirk on a victories face. Laura looks hopeful and I'd hate to step on her plans.

"We'd really really really really love to, but we were literally just about to go to a party." I try to say with the utmost delicacy.

"Yes, we should go now Juliet." Victoria grabs my arm and heads to leave. Laura nods but looks down.

I stop Victoria and recall a text that Violet had sent me earlier this week, telling me it'd be fine to invite anyone that I wanted to.

I sigh deeply, knowing Victoria would hate me for this. But I had to be the bigger person.

I suck in a breath. "Laurayoucancomewithus."

Laura's eyes bulge. "Really?"

I nod, knowing Victoria hated her but I don't really care.

"Yes. We'd love for you to come."

"I would love to-" Laura seems giddy and excited, but then she is interrupted.

"Laura!" A voice calls from her dorm room across the hall and I furrow my brows.

"I'm sorry, I-I have to study." Laura hurries back into her dorm, slamming the door.

"That was strange." I mutter.

"I'm just glad she won't be there to ruin my night." Victoria says dryly and walks out of dorm room. I follow, locking the door and then running to catch up with Victoria.