Chapters 25-29

WHAT!?!?! NOOOOOO HOW CAN NEHEMIA BE DEAD? I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS! WHAT KIND OF CRUEL JOKE IS THIS SARAH?!?! SHE'S NOT DEAD SHE CAN'T BE DEAD. NEHEMIA WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES! SHE CAN'T BE DEAD SHE HAD SO MUCH TO DO. SO MUCH TO TEACH AND HELP CELAENA WITH! SHE IS NOT DEAD, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!

*sits down and cries for 5 minutes*

What is this? How is this happening? This can't be happening. This is a freaking magical world, she can't be dead. She just can't.

My only question is was she planning this?

"One of them has to break," the queen said to the princess. "only then can it begin."

"I know the princess said softly. "But the prince isn't ready. It has to be her."

"Then do you understand what I am asking of you?"

The princess looked up, towards the shaft of moonlight spilling into the tomb. When she looked back at the ancient queen, her eyes were bright. "Yes."

"Then do what needs to be done."

The princess nodded and walked out of the tomb. She paused on the threshold, the darkness beyond becoming to her, and turned back to the queen. "She won't understand. And when she goes over the edge, there will be no way to pull her back."

"She will find her way back, she always does."

Tears formed, but the princess blinked them away. "For all out sakes, I hope you're right."

Wow, what was that? After reading this section again it makes me wonder if Nehemia sacrificed herself to get Celaena to act. Did she know that someone was going to kill her, or did she get someone to do it and make it seem like the king's fault? Regardless, this will most definitely get Celaena on the rebel's side. The only problem is that this is going to tear her up. Though from what I just read it seems like that is what Nehemia wants. Can we just take a moment of silence for the brave, selfless woman that is Nehemia?

Though I understand why she did it, I wish Nehemia hadn't done it. Celaena went berserk when they took Chaol, I can only imagine the icy rage that will take her over in the second half of this book. She will no doubt become a killing machine, I mean just look at the title of part two The Queen's Arrow. Despite the tragedy, I am really interested in how Celaena's character will grow coming out of this experience. She will no doubt be a different person and I really want to see how she pulls herself back from over the edge. I hope that we get to see a lot more of the finding her way back stuff in the next book, for this book I just want to see some justice for Nehemia.

That's all I have for this update, sorry it's kind of short but I just had to get what I was feeling about Nehemia's death out there.