Wet Letters: Part One

~Wet Letters~

Feat. Jamie the Mailman
Aqua man / Arthur

After my long day of delivering packages to and from Mayor Dewey, all I wanted was to lay down. Barbra had insisted that I help the man; she doesn't want to run into him.

I really should converse with him more, considering he allowed me to do the play last night. It was so much fun acting in front of the audience with Steven.

Not only did I help him (Mayor Dewey) I still had to deliver other letters to people all across Beach City. Maybe I should have started this route earlier like Barb suggested, the time being unbeknownst to me as I look to the tides softly washing onto the beach, the far out sea being touched by the glimmering, glowing sun set, wind mild and salty.

'Maybe, for a moment I could sit down.' I think to myself as I sit on the sandy ground, my hand taking my Movie Star sun glasses and setting them next to my carrier bag.

I sigh to myself, deciding I'll just deliver the other letters tomorrow.

"How unprofessional Jamie" I said aloud, taking my shoes off. I tie my shoe laces together and throw them and the glasses into my half full messenger bag.
I stand up, feeling the soft sand under me. The waves slowly but gradually gaining height against the shore.The sound of my feet squishing in the sand drowns as a background to the now swirling waves. I look to the waves confused. I've never seen the ocean do anything like this!

Looking at my surroundings I see no one but me and the deafening ocean, it sloshing and swirling around powerfully.

"Oh my!" I say aloud, beginning to replace my confusion with fear.

"So" I hear a booming voice say, "your name is Jamie?"
My hat flys off my head and towards the waves as I try to reach for it.

Suddenly my beloved hat is caught by the man of the voice I heard only seconds before now.

The man towers over me. His flowing brown hair seemingly dry as he emerges from the ocean.

"How did..." I say pointing to the now decreasing waves behind him, unable to speak fully of the situation.
"Jamie." His quiet but assertive voices echoes in my ears and shakes my very being. The man then places my hat back upon my head as he smirks slyly.
"You can call me Aqua man. Is there a certain name you would rather me refer to you as?"

"Oh um. N-no Jamie is fine," I say sheepishly, my face feeling hot in the cool breeze. I look at the size of the man more observantly, seeing he's maybe twice my size in every way.

The man suddenly reaches for my arm with his monstrous hands. I backup, not even knowing why I haven't ran yet.
"Jamie, please don't be afraid of me." He says as him smirk leaves his sculpted face and his brows furrow.
"What's happening?" I say urgently. "You just walked out of the ocean! The only time I've ever seen someone do that was that time Garnet was out swimming!" I say loudly, beginning to walk away.

"Wait are... Are you a friend of Steven's?"

"I am afraid not, Jamie. But please don't run from me, please. I have no bad intentions."

Why haven't I ran yet? I don't know this man and I don't feel like I've ever seen this towering brute any where in Beach City before.A part of me wants to run, but the other half wants me to stay and find out more about this 'Aqua Man'.

"So Aqua Man. Uh, why are you here?" I say, maybe I can gain inspiration from this encounter for a script to bring for Mayor Dewey.
"Jamie, I know you don't know me," Aqua man moves closer, grabbing my hand and pulling it towards his chest, his other hand slowly wrapping around my back. I move my face away from his as he leans in to my ear. "I want you."