Wet Letters: Part Two

~Wet Letters Part 2: Back Again~

Feat. Jamie the Mailman
Aqua Man/ Arthur

I can't seem to get him off my mind. Everything about the stupendous experience.
I haven't checked in with Barb in nearly four days; she's been calling me at least two times a day.

I wonder as to how the banter would go.

"Hey! Jamie, I've been trying to get ahold of ya' to ask ya' why you haven't showed up for work? Also some people have told me they haven't received their mail!"
"Barbara, I was far too busy having sex with a strong ocean man to notice the ocean taking the post from my messenger bag"

I feel bad. Barbara most likely had to take my route on top of hers, all with her leg.
I've confined myself into the walls of my own home simply because of my cowardice to tell her the truth of my indulgence on the job.

I set my quill down upon my wooden desk, the desk small and quaint and piled with an assortment of papers.
Pushing my chair from my desk and standing up I snap out of my trance and realize I haven't eaten today.

My feet glide across my cold wooden flooring, knees still aching from the escapades from days before. The way we interacted; unforgettable.

The fridge light blinds me and I squint to gain adjustment to the beam, only being adjusted to the previous candle lighting.
Maybe I could just make myself a small salad for tonight.
I pull the package of fresh lettuce from a drawer in the refrigerator and place it on the the counter adjacent to it, looking for items to be added.

'Maybe if I went back to the beach again I'd find him!'
I think to myself and sigh, 'No, I returned to the spot every evening but to no avail; finding him.'

---

After eating the salad I put together
I carefully placed my bowl into my kitchen sink and decided on a quick hop in the shower then getting sleep. I'll call Barbara in the morning and return to work.

I turn the knob resting on the wall inside the shower, pulling the curtain closed.
Laying my clothing down onto the counter top of my marble sink all I can hear is the sound of the hot water protruding from the shower head and hitting the non-slip mat.
I feel the rubber under my feet as I step in and submerge my head under the shower head, my hair at first attempting to repel the water.

A noise alarms me. I pause. I stick my head out of the curtain and the cold air quickly caresses my face, slowly gliding to my shoulders. I try to say calm incase my ears had deceived me, my heart beats quicker and quicker.
'Jamie, it's fine' I tell myself, bringing my head back into the shower.

"Hello?"
It's him.
It's Aqua man, that booming voice couldn't belong to any other.

My heart races again and I become ecstatic that he's finally back.
"Aqua man?"
I hear a creak in the floor with each of his heavy steps. I poke my head out of the shower curtain again, hair dripping on to the tile floor.

"Jamie, I'm sorry" Aqua man emerges through the door with intent, his eyes locking contact instantly with mine.
"I had important matters to attend to. Im sorry I couldn't come to tell you" With his voice lowered he steps into the bathroom, his body dawning casual clothing; dark worn jeans, boots, and a large pull over hood.

"Aqua man I-" "please" he Interrupts, "You may call me Arthor." The name truly suits him.
"Arthor, I didn't know when you'd come back I-I-nows not the best time" I stutter, remembering my current placement.
He brings his hand up, the other pulling at the neck of his hood.

"Jamie, do you mind?" A toothy smirk growing on his face.
"Oh n-no go on."
The shower is most definitely large enough for the two of us, even if it was substantially smaller I would allow him to join.
I don't care about how he knew I lived here, or how he got in, I just care about the fact that he's here with me now.