Chapter Two.

The wooden dock was cold underneath her blue denim shorts as she looked beyond the horizon.

The boats were coming in that morning, one by one docking themselves. If you watched closely you could see a blurred amount of face, enough to make out what the people looked like as they got off the boats. Most of them were men, around the age of Emilia's father, coming home to their families for the weekend, only to head back out early the next week.

The sailors hauled their belongings off the ships and made their way to the abundance of pubs along the harbors edge. Emilia had constantly wondered why they drank so much. If it was because they missed someone, if they were bored or if they really honestly enjoyed it. She had come to realize that it was probably a mixture of all of those things.

She stood up and watched the few who hadn't gone to the bars reunite with their families. The look of joy and reunion on their faces was something she had always envied. How happy can you possibly be to see your family she thought.

Scanning the horizon again she spotted one final schooner as it prepared to stop in the harbor. It was quite possibly the most beautiful boat she had ever seen. It was a classic sailboat, with beautiful white billowing sails and wood the color of oak. On the side, in almost calligraphic letters, it read Emory Jane.

On the top deck Emilia could see a head of brown hair, and the most gorgeous boy she had ever laid eyes on. He turned around and in that moment, even from so far away, she felt a connection.

An imitate reasoning to believe that something could come it of this summer.

And maybe it was him.