Chapter 1 Finishing up the shift

It's been about 12 hrs, I've been sitting at my DJ studio. Playing music all night is exhausting and I needed to go home. "Hey Benji, can you cover for me, I need to break for the day." Benji was my work mate, he was a hyena about 5'7" with the most odd laugh. He basically tagged in when I was tired. "Yeah Alex, I'll take over for a bit." I took my pawphones off and folded them up. My ears stung after wearing them for so long. I had to grab my daypack from the office before I went home. On the my way there I ran into Sam. Sam was a 7'1" wolf, with brown and somewhat red fur. "Oh, hey Alex, were you having fun up on your DJ stand?" "Heh, hi Sam." Of course like an idiot, I stood there silent. Sam just looked at me. "Uhh, ok, bye Alex. See ya later." I stepped to the side as Sam walked past. "Stupid, stupid stupid," I said to myself. As I was walking to the office, I could only think about how awkward I was. To be fair though, I was really tired. I opened the door and saw my supervisor Drake. He was reading a newspaper in his lounge chair. "Hey Drake, where's my daypack?" "I sat it over on the.." He paused for a moment, losing his train of thought, as usual. "Oh yea, I set it under the desk!" I rolled my eyes and went to grab it. I saw it laying right next to his daypack. "Alright, I'm leaving now Drake, see you tomorrow night." "Alright Alex I'll see your fox ass tomorrow." I stepped out of the club. The sun was just arising over the Detroit skyline. "Uggh, my sleep schedule is really messed up" I thought to myself. My hair was frazzled, my fur was clumpy and I needed a shower. Hopefully my water heater was working again. Without it, the water is freezing. That's what I get for living in Detroit. I walked into my apartment complex and was greeted by a flickering light that never seemed to work properly. I walked up the creaky stairs to my apartment. Reaching into my pocket, I realised my key wasn't in there. "Shit, where did it go?" I started to frantically look for it. "Ah crap, It must of fallen out of my pocket while I was sitting in my studio." I realised I had to go back and get it. Otherwise I would have to sleep on my doorstep, again. I slowly walked back to the bar, wishing that I was in my bed, sleeping, but here I was, going back to get my damn apartment key. As I was walking, my phone rang. It was Benji. "Hey Alex, I found a key by your chair, is it yours?"