Go To Sleep

Phil stays up all night, thoughts going crazy in his head. He just can't get to sleep.

This is probably the reason why he ends up going into Dan's room at 3 am to talk a few times every week.

The walls between the rooms are thin, and every night Phil can hear Dan pacing up and down his room.

It worries Phil; he doesn't like seeing Dan upset.

Every night Phil knocks on his door, making sure that Dan is ok with him being there before he just barges in.

Some nights he listens to Dan pouring his heart out about his existential crisis, being a good friend.

But most nights Dan doesn't want to talk at all. So Phil talks, he talks about how happy he is to know Dan and to be with him. It makes Dan happy, so he does it every night.

Every night Phil holds Dan in his arms, sometimes Dan holds Phil in his. It doesn't matter, either way both of them feel better.

Every night Phil decides it would be better if he stayed with Dan for the night, for more reasons than one.

Every night they fall asleep together, not always close but sometimes too close to be called platonic.

Every night they lay in bed together, Phil whispering sweet nothings in Dan's ear, words such as 'you're amazing', 'I'm here for you', 'go to sleep'.

One night Dan kisses Phil. Something tells him to do it, and he can tell it's the best decision he could ever make. Because Phil kisses back.

And from that moment on, Dan finds it easier to go to sleep.

___________________________

i know that wasn't really good but I felt bad for not updating often so I quickly wrote this.