Maya

*Maya's POV*
Tick tick tick
The sound of the seconds ticking away on my wall clock made my head hurt. It was nearly 4am and I was somehow still awake. I glanced around the room, the dull colors making my mood even worse. A creaking sound dreamy attention to my bedroom door, and I watched a light turn on in the hallway.
"Great," I groaned quietly. "Time to 'wake up' for another day of school. Third sleepless night in a row." I slowly dragged myself out of bed, flicking my light switch to turn on the overhead light which provided ten times as much light as my small desk lamp.
I opened my closet, chewing on my bottom lip as I contemplated what to wear for school. After about five minutes, I decided on a white crop top and a watercolor skated skirt.

I laid the outfit on my bed carefully before stripping and walking into my bathroom

I turned the shower on and adjusted the temperature before entering and closing the curtain. I let the water soak into my hair, using the time to shave my legs and armpits. After quickly shampooing and conditioning my hair, I lathered my loofa with body wash. I scrubbed my body, careful not to irritate the fading scars on my arms.
I rinsed my body before exiting the shower and wrapping a towel around my body. I stood in front of the mirror, examining my body in the reflection portrayed on the glass with disgust. I shook my head slowly before walking to the counter and opening my makeup bag. I put my liquid foundation on carefully, covering up all the flaws on my face. I then applied concealer under my eyes and over any visible pimples or acne scars. I quickly added my contour and highlight before applying winged eyeliner and waterproof mascara.
Satisfied with the way I looked I threw my hair into a messy bun and walked into my room to get dressed. Once I had finished, I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled before grabbing my bag and walking downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and took a bite before pulling out my phone to text my best friend.
To: Alexandra- Hey, when are you coming to get me? 😜
From: Alexandra- On my way now. See you soon hoe 💁🏻
I laughed and put my phone into my bag, quickly finishing my apple before throwing it away. I walked outside to wait for Alexandra, and smiled when I saw she was already in the driveway. I quickly got into the car, buckling my seatbelt before she peeled out of the driveway.
"Hey girly, how ya feelin today?" She laughed, glancing over at me. "Cute outfit by the way."
"I'm feeling just fine, Ali. Just like always." I rolled my eyes, sighing. "And thanks for the compliment." She didn't reply after that, and I could tell she didn't believe that I was okay.
We pulled into the school's parking lot and I groaned when I saw the large building.
'Time for yet another day of hell,' I thought to myself. 'How fun.'

——————————————————————————————
Hey guys! So, I just got an idea for a new story and I decided to start writing about it. I know it's a short chapter, but it's currently 4:30 in the morning where I live and I have to get some sleep cuz I'm going to a friends house tomorrow and then I'm going to the Renaissance on Monday!! I'm sooooo excited. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of my new story, and don't worry, it's not your typical "broken/outcast girl" story. It's gonna have some major plot twists later on.
Anyways, I'll try to update soon. I love you guys sooooo much. Leave a comment telling me what you think of this story and make sure to like it! ❤️