Chapter 1: Not There

Chapter One

I just had woken up to my alarm which was 4:50 a.m I have always woken up at this time. Just because my family and I live in a city where you can always hear the dumpster truck back up in reverse with the little lights and the beeping sounds outside my window. Which my house is far from my school which is strange, I blame my parents for that one. Really its my mom's fault because my dad has been gone for the past months on a few "business trips" he has been telling us about in Florida. I don't really believe the trips are for business. I think it's an excuse not to see our family together. Here I go down the stairs getting ready to eat breakfast. While of course my mom (Laurel) is getting her things together like always, last minute. Seeing the bags under her eyes which are usually purple.

"Kaisey" my mom says shouting

"I am right here no need to shout" I say while I brush my hair

"Sorry sweety, just been so caught up at work, I need you to take your little brother down to the bus with you this morning" she says

She usually takes him with her they always stop at 7-eleven for some snacks at school to bring for the class which my mom forgets, since she is the 1st grade room mother.

"Ok" I say thinking of her how stress she looks every morning after sleeping at 11:00 p.m only have like 4 hours or something like that I am not really good at math. So 4 hours of sleep I know this because I am like an owl I can never sleep at night. Always during the day I sleep in class for example in gym Mr. Lyle's class he always lets us sleep or use our phones during his class I always sleep behind the bleachers. That's where I met my BFF.

"I thought you were going to sleep at Cloe's last night" saying that while she gives me my egg burrito that she wraps in foil every time we're in a hurry.

"No, her family had a bit of a meltdown" I say eating my egg burrito

"How was that I just had spoke to her mom yesterday around 9 p.m" she says putting her hair into her usual ponytail

"Don't worry I came back fine the walk wasn't that bad" I say nervously

My mom never liked me walking by myself at night and right now she going to say the same thing she tells me every time this happens.

"I told you not to walk alone your only 15 and a half years old"

Here we go again, I thought looking at the clock it was already 5:32 a.m and school starts at 6:15 a.m there was no way we could make it to school in time. I think the school bus left us already.

"Mom I am going to be sixteen in May thats only a month and eleven days away!" I say getting my things together

"We will talk about this when you get home young lady" telling me while she was already out the door.

So while my little brother Mayson and I were waiting for the bus which my school was first grade thought twelfth grade he is around 5 years old has brown hair that leans to left he likes it Justin Bieber style and has hazel eyes that change color everytime he goes into the sun. He plays with his little Captain America and Thor action figures because he has been obsessed with the Avengers since my mom took us last week with my best friend Cloe McClellan and since that movie Cloe and I have been big fans of Chris Evans (Captain America) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor). I know she has the last name from the girl from Fahrenheit 451 we had to to a book report on last year and no to answer your question they are not related. Anyway Mayson and I barely caught the bus, we got on, Mayson went to the seats next to the other little kids and I went to an empty seat where Cloe and I always would sit at but she wasn't there.