Characters

Yūji Kazami-The protagonist of Grisaia. Ace number 9029, Yūji is a hit man working for a Japanese government agency, executing black ops missions. Tired of his aimless life, he wanted to live a normal school life. Cool, philosophical, and minimalist, Yūji is a realist with above average intelligence. Being very cautious, he always plans and scouts before action. Other than his occasional unorthodox military methods, he is just a fit young man. He disguises himself as an "exchange student from Canada".
Yumiko Sakaki-A second-year student of Mihama Academy, the daughter of "East Beach Railway Express Group" tycoon. Mihama Academy was established for her and she was the first student to enroll. Her defining feature is her waist-length black hair. Because of her bluntness and a hard-to-please personality, she often comes into conflict with the other characters. Due to her past, she tends to stay by herself and hardly tries to get along with others. She always carries a box cutter with her and uses it to threaten others, particularly Yūji, when she gets angry. She spends much of her free time reading, especially mystery novels, which has led the others to call her a bookworm. Although Yumiko typically acts as a lady, her favorite dishes are junk foods such as fried soba noodles.
Amane Suou-A third-year student of Mihama Academy, the Onee-san type who always takes care of others. She is known as Makina's "mom". Due to her circumstances, she skipped a year of school year at her previous school, so she is actually 2 years older than Yūji. She is tall and has a well-developed body with which she tries to seduce Yūji. Her family manages a long-established restaurant in Ginza, so she is good at cooking. Because of her mother is from Kyoto, whenever she gets excited, or when she panics, her speech takes on a Kansai dialect. She is deeply interested in cars and has acquired a motorcycle license. Amane also has a dirt bike which was remodeled to a cruiser called "Bobatarō" and was put in the garage of the Academy.
Michiru Matsushima-A second-year student of Mihama Academy, Michiru is a fake tsundere with bleached blond twin tails and dissociative identity disorder. She has a deep interest in tsundere characters and tries to act like one. Her silly and energetic personality makes her the moodmaker of the class. Her grades are bad. She always carries with her a shark-shaped pouch which contains lemonade sweets. Despite having difficulty with sour foods, she still tries to drink 100% pure vitamin C in order to "improve her intelligence", as Michiru has said. She has encountered a lot of bad luck since her birth, but has always managed to get through in one way or another.
Makina Irisu-A first-year student of Mihama Academy, Makina is an innocent and carefree girl with a hard to understand personality. In general, she can be explained in one word, "Fool", but sometimes her speech and behavior make people shed cold sweat. For those reasons, most of people who talk with her for five minutes will say "This girl is awful". She adores Yūji as a brother and Amane as a sister. She calls Yūji "Onii-chan". Although she has her own room in the dormitory, she always stays in Amane's room. She always wears knee-socks with two different colors. Because of her parents' work, she stayed in foreign countries until she was six so she can speak English and other languages well. Her family is rumored to be a large financial clique which controls the underworld of Japan. People are unaware of the unhappiness which she suffered for being born in such a troublesome family. Makina used to be the successor of Irisu family but her inheritance was transferred to her younger sister, Irisu Sarina, after she suffered a mental shock in an accident. Despite all of that, she still has 70 million yen as her own property.
Sachi Komine-A first-year student of Mihama Academy, Sachi is the maid of Mihama Academy. She always wears her maid outfit except when going to school, taking a bath or swimming. She does so because some people once told her to wear maid uniform as much as possible. Polite and with a strong sense of responsibility, there are only 3 words in her action dictionary, "receive", "confirm" and "execute". Because of this, she always tries to accomplish whatever has been asked of her, even if it was said as a joke, which has resulted in trouble. Her favorite animal is the shark and she made the shark-shaped pouch which Michiru carries around with her.