Not So Formal

Chapter 6

My eyes widen at the sight of what I was seeing. There was never anyone more stupid to be in a situation like that one. "April?" I looked at dad. I would say I couldn't believe what I was seeing but in truth I knew exactly what I was seeing. Stupidity at it's best.

"somebody, anybody help" she cried. Around the car she was standing on, was about, what a concert would call "A Sellout". Her screaming wasn't making it any better as more walkers started to trot over to her. You could hear them snarling and hissing, like they want to eat her or something. Some even tried to climb on the car but was sent back flying as she kicked them off. All in all, her stupidity is probably what got her there in the first place. don't get me wrong, I loved her and when she went missing, I was hoping secretly we would find her but not like this. I was expecting her to burst through the front door, not stranded on a car, screaming and blowing her cover.

"don't worry, honey, daddy's coming" I heard dad shout back after her getting her attention. Her face grew light purple as she stared at us, she was probably wondering what was taking us so long. "daddy?" I heard and her scream and I thought she was going to faint.

"khajeel, go secure a door downstairs!" dad shouted, I have never seen him so tense. "daddy is coming sweetheart." he called back to April. "what are you going to do?" I asked concerned. There was no way to get to her from ground, unless he could fly and that is beyond reality. He didn't respond though, instead he did what would either be considered the bravest and noblest act known to man, or what I am going define as pure stupidity. He jumped off the roof, landing on his back.

I had to do, something or they both would get murdered. I sprung from staring at dad struggle to get up, and climb back down the ladder through April's room. "mom, mom!" I called as I sprinted downstairs almost tripping on my face several time. "khaj, what's going...." before I allowed her to continued I spoke up. "April....car....dad....stupid...off roof." the words came out like an edited recording.

Although I had made no sense whatsoever mom seem to had managed to have picked up from what I was saying, either that or April's screaming once more putted things in to perspective. Mom, ran from washing up the dishes and to the hallway, she peer though the door and could see dad lying on his back in the walkway. "honey!" she shouted before pulling the door open, and running after him.

There was no way mom, could have help dad and April by herself, and I wasn't going to let her be stranded on a car any longer. So just like dad I did what society would call brave and noble but to me plain stupid. I ran out of the house pass mom and over the fence.

I was now in the streets, the damage of what those things had done was even more dreadful that looking at it from my room window. Houses spitting black clouds of smoke, from their windows and doors. Cars setting ablaze, and people lying motionless on the ground. Some severely wounded, and some tore apart like a doll being shared between dogs. People who I knew, people who I trusted with my life, family friends and neighbors.

"help me!" my though and realization was battered to fade as April's scream broke into my ears. Here is the stupid part I was talking about. "heeey!!" I shouted, my voice drowning out the walkers snarling. It was like if on cue. They turned towards me. One snarled at me and then it was chaos after that.

It was like an angry mob was coming towards me. In shock I stood frozen, run idiot my brain screamed but my legs didn't feel the need to co-operate. "khajeel! Run" I screamed to myself and I my legs finally saw the impeding danger. The walkers, well I can't call them walker now since they are practically running or doing what seems like running after me; whatever it was they were moving fast and I had to move faster.