Part 49

Joy

I felt the stares in the school as I began to show more and more. It didn't surprise me too much that it was Luke who broke the silence. We were sitting in the park on a picnic table one Saturday eating lunch as Luke came over and sat down. WE blinked and looked at him, as if asking why he was here. He looked at us with a mischievous smile as he looked at me.

"What do you want Luke? We were enjoying a perfectly good Saturday without you," Gabriel growled and crossed his arms.

"Oh nothing, just walking my dog and saw you guys here, and I was just so curious if Joy was still the sweet little angel we all know and love, because something is different and I'm dying to know what," Luke said with a smile.

"What are you talking about Luke, just leave us alone," Jack Jack said firmly.

"No no, go ahead because I know you'll go ahead and spread it anyway, whether it was true or not. I'm pregnant. The baby is due in August. There, happy?" I said with edge in my voice.

Luke seemed to be taken back by my forward attitude, even Gracie seemed mildly surprised, but she knew I was starting to get my mother-instincts, she knew I wouldn't put up with him.

Neither would Jack Jack.

Luke curled his lip into a twisted smile, "so, whose is it?"

"Of course it's mine," Jack Jack growled.

"Is it really though, demon baby? I didn't hear this slut say that," Luke said with an amused smile.

"Wow, you just really love to hate us don't you? What did we ever do to you?" Gracie said as she crossed her arms.

"Ah ah, I didn't ask you man-girl," Luke said as his eyes turned cold.

Gracie looked like she wanted to punch him in the face. I'm honestly impressed she didn't. Anyone that knew Gracie and Jack Jack knew that Gracie was the 'alpha twin' and people that knew Gracie knew she wasn't girly and acted more like Arin then she would ever admit, but Luke calling her that struck a cord in her. Gabriel put a gentle hand on her back as he looked at Luke, as if debating on whether or not to fight back.

"Seriously man, why do you do this to us?" Gabriel said in a voice that sounded a lot like Danny when Danny was annoyed.

"I didn't ask you either adopted boy. If anyone cared about your opinion then you would be with your real parents and not with some gay couple," Luke said as he crossed his arms. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to jump across the table and beat him up so much that he would never bother us again.

I didn't though.

I put a hand over my stomach protectively and clenched my other hand into a fist as I saw Gabriel tense up. Jack Jack was practically shaking at this point as he looked at anyone, debating on whether or not to punch him in the face.

"Listen here. I have put up with this for too long. I thought I could do this for a few more months but not anymore. You have tortured me and anyone who interacts with me for long enough and I'm done. Stop it. Leave. Us. Alone," Jack Jack said in Arin's tone of voice.

"Wow, guess I can't call you demon baby anymore cause you're all mature and got a girl knocked up. Or well you claim anyway, I have still yet to hear the slut here call you the dad. I guess I can call you demon daddy now,"Luke said with a laugh.

 I clenched my teeth as my blood boiled.

This must be how Matty feels when he sees me upset, I though as I stood up. I went around the table and stood toe-to-toe to Luke.

"We said stop. Please leave. We don't want to see you, and if you think this is some funny joke or game you are sorely mistaken," I said seriously.

Luke looked me up and down, as if seeing if I would back down. When he knew I wasn't I had a second to react before I saw his muscles tense up and push me to the ground.

I guess I snapped.

Before anyone could react I was up again and tackled Luke to the ground. I was on top of him and had pinned him to the ground as I literally clawed at his face and even tried to bite him or pull his hair. Luke was strong though and easily tossed my small body off of himself, leaving me on the ground again. I looked over to see Jack Jack on Luke in a second, he began to punch him in the stomach and drive him to the ground again, and for a second I had a flashback to when Matty did that for me when we were little. Gracie cheered Jack Jack on in a way that made me have a slight smile as Gabriel ran over and pulled Jack Jack off of Luke.

Luke was covered in blood on his face and dirt on his body and clothes from the combined effort of Jack Jack and I. Luke swore as he stood up and looked at himself before glancing at Jack Jack and seeing the fury in his eyes.

"GO AWAY! DON'T THINK I WON'T DO THIS AGAIN IF I EVER SEE YOU AGAIN, LEAVE RIGHT NOW AND DISAPPEAR FROM OUR LIVES BECAUSE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU GABRIEL WON'T HOLD ME BACK!" Jack Jack roared as Luke left with his dog in a shuffle of shame. Once Luke was gone Gabriel let go of Jack Jack as Gracie helped me up. I huffed and absently rubbed my stomach as I calmed down and had a sudden thought that made me gasp and feel sick.

I hadn't told Matty I was pregnant yet.