Chapter One: Upon Arrival

--Jessica's POV--

Niall and I pull up into the driveway infront of our new flat in Paris. I unbuckle my seatbelt and open the door one handedly, as I was on the phone with Jake. I still work for B&G Records. We live twenty minutes away from Rayna and Harry while the other boys live a block down from us, sharing a flat. I get a now two year old Anna out of her carseat and place her on my hip while closing the car door. I hang up the call and place my rose gold iPhone in the back pocket of my lightwash jeans. Niall unlocks the door and I head straight for the kitchen. I slice up half of an apple and give it to Anna. She is just learning how to eat crunchy things and always wants to eat an apple. As Anna finishes her apple she yawns, making me grab her to put her down for a nap. I walk out of Anna's room when I hear the door knock. I slowly approach the door and look through the peep hole. There stands my father, Marcel. I slide down the door and lock it. He then starts banging on the door. Niall comes into the kitchen and I look at him. He kneels down. Marcel. I mouth to him. He knods and grabs my gun from the kitchen drawer. Handing it over, he begins to yell. "What do you want Marcel?! What could you possibly need?"Niall yells, sounding angry."Your daughter. I want her. I want to leave my mark on her." He replies. I can hear his smirk through the door.I shudder at his words. He starts banging on the door again. I take out my iPhone and diall 112. "Hello?" A cheery yet calm voice says over the phone. "Yes there is a very dangerous man at my front doorstep the adress is Wimborn Avenue 2348." I responded in a whisper. "The proper authorities are on their way. Keep him at your door so we can catch this man. Do not go outside." She finishes. I hang up the phone and point at the kitchen table. Niall grabs one of the chairs and put it on his head like a crab wears it's shell as he crawls across the room. He sets it in front of the door and I put it under to door knob. We pick up the bookself that sits un-used in the windowless entry way. We finish placing it infront of the chair when the sound of sirens faintly call in the distance. Niall and I both rush upstairs and grab our emergency bags that contain a few extra pairs of clothes, money, kids supplies, and food. I quickly grab Anna from her crib and put her on my hip. Marcel is still loudly banging at the door. I hear police sirens outside of our door. Niall and I, move the shelf and chair away and I look through the peephole, seeing my father being put into hands cuffs. I open the door and walk out, with Niall soon following behind me. One of the policemen approach me and I glance at his nametag. Owens. It reads. I explain what happened and he gets into the cop car my father is in. Driving away, I can see my father waving at me through the window. I turn to face Niall, who is holding Anna in his arms. Thats when I lose it. The man who I grew up with,my father, who used to beat me was finally going to jail. Niall has already put away the emergency gun and our emergency bags. We go back into our home and I look in our pantry for something to eat for brunch. I settle on pancakes and gather all of the ingredients. Just then, I hear Niall's phone ringing. He picks it up and starts walking out of the room to take the call. I wonder who that could be? I will ask him when he gets out. I mix the batter and get out the grill. Man, today was going to be a great day.

--Niall's POV--

"Hello!" I cheery voice said through the phone. "I just wanted you to know that as we speak you phone is being tracked and there are people coming after you! Niall Horan will die." She said still sounding cheery. I hung up and ran out of the mancave. I saw Jessica making pancakes. "Shut it off! We have to go! Now!" I shouted. Jessica opened the drawer and grabbed the gun. I swear, she is like another security guard. I run upstairs and grab Anna. She begins to cry as I grab the emergency bags from her walk in closet. I run downstairs to see Jessica grabbing food and phone chargers. We both run into the garage and get into our black mustang. I sit behind the wheel and roll down my window. As we drove past a lake, I grabbed my phone and chuck it out the window. Jessica looks at me in horror as it lands in the lake with a plop. I shrug my shoulders and continued to speed to the guys' flat. Luckily, everyone was on the front deck. "Pack your bags and we are going!" Jessica yells. Sam, our bodygaurd, gives us a look as if to say what the hell. But he gets into the jeep anyway and helps the boys and their girlfriends get into the jeep. Jessica gets Abi and Violet into the back of the mustang and I start to drive again. We drive for hours and everyone in to the car is asleep exept for me. We pass a sign saying Lethbridge. Well, I sure dont know where we are but I know we are safer. We are in Canada now and getting past the border was easy. I told them the situation and they let me drive right by. I look in my rearveiw mirror to check if Sam is still there. Sure enough, there is a blue jeep right behind us. I hear a light snore come from Jessica and look over at her to see her slightly drooling. I chuckle and turn into a Tim Hortons. Sam goes in and orders, as I attempt to wake the girls up. Everyone in the jeep is still awake. I rub Jessica's shoulder and her beautiful blue eyes flutter open. She wipes her mouths and glances over to the Tim Hortons sign. She perks up and looks at me expectantly. "Sam is ordering right now. He is bringing you an iced capp and a canadian maple donut." I say, attempting to please her. She smiles and kisses me. As the kiss deepens our little make-out session is interupted by a cough from Violet. Jessica's cheeks turn a bright red and I chuckle. "Kids in the room!" Abi yells. Jessica laughs. "You guys are older than I am!" She giggles. "I know. But we refuse to grow up. I want to be like Peter Pan. The boy who never grew up! I dont know how but someday I will get to the third star on the right!" Violet yells. Jessica looks at her in amusment. Deciding not to ruin their imagination, she doesnt reply. Sam knocks on the window and I roll it down. "Two strawberry banana smoothies for the princesses. An iced capp and canadian maple donut for the queen. And one iced capp for the king." Sam finishes. He walks over to the jeep and starts handing out their drinks. "Where are we?" Jessica asks. "Some town called Lethbridge." I reply. All three girls get excited. "Can I drive?" Jess asks, being very polite about it. I nod and we switch seats. She pulls out of the parking lot and grabs her phone. She tosses it out of the window just as a truck drives by, running right over it. She takes a sip of her iced capp and starts to drive west. She drives past a welcome to Alberta sign with a huge grin on her face.

--Jessica's POV--

I drive past the welcome to Alberta sign with a huge smile. I plan to go back to Stanwest. Where the girls and I grew up. As it begins to appear on the green signs along the highway, I begin to feel more and more excited. I take another sip of my iced coffee and turn into the little town. As I pull into a random motel that goes by the name of 'River Valley Motel',Niall looks at me confused. I glance around the parking lot only to notice the only car other than the blue jeep Sam is driving, is a black Dodge truck that looks very farmilier. I hop out of the car and walk over to Sam. "Im going to get us some rooms and then I will get Niall to explain everything." I tell him, sounding kind of bossy. He nods and I walk into the small building. As I turn to look over the counter, I see someone I never thought I would see again. "Ella!"