Chapter 17

Derek glares at me from the side mirror, wincing in pain every once in a while. He's been staring at me ever since Stiles drove off after Scott said he would try to find the bullet. Why he has been staring at me this whole time is beyond me. I just feel super uncomfortable under his gaze.

Stiles groans in annoyance, tossing his phone to his lap. We've been trying to get ahold of Scott, but each time he either ignores our text or it goes straight to voicemail. Normally, Scott would answer, which means I'm believing to think that Allison took Lydia's advice.

"Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there." Stiles snaps at Derek in annoyance.

"Almost where?" Derek breathes, finally looking at Stiles instead of me.

"Your house."

"What? No, you can't take me there!" Derek leans against the door, panicked. Oh, how I wish the door would just swing open.

"We can't take you to your own house?" I slide between their seats, staring incredulously at Derek. "Where else are we supposed to take you? The animal hospital?"

The murderous glare reappears on his face and I inch closer to Stiles. "Not when I can't protect myself.

Stiles pulls off to the side of the road and turns to face Derek, his shoulder brushing against my hand on his seat. "Alright. What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?"

"Not yet." Derek rolls up the sleeve on his left arm. "I have a last resort."

"What do you mean? What last resort?" I yell at him, unable to control myself. I think Stiles' attitude towards this whole situation is rubbing off on me. Plus, I never expected to find myself helping Derek,

The sleeve to Derek's thermal rolls up, revealing a nasty bullet would filled with blood. Dark veins surround the hole easily able to be seen from the deathly pale skin.

"Oh my god! What is that? Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out." Stiles freaks out on the driver's seat.

"What the hell is that?" I cover my mouth with my hands.

Derek breathes, slowly. "Start the car. Now."

"I don't you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay? In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out in the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stiles raises his voice, standing up to Derek.

"Start the car or I'm gonna rip Ellie's throat out- with my teeth." Derek says in a deadly voice.

I shudder in my seat. Stiles pales, starting the car back up. Why is it that Derek only threatens me? I'm really starting to get tired of it. Stiles locks eyes with me in the rear view mirror with an unknown emotion on his face. I move my hand from his seat to his shoulder, squeezing it gently.

After a while of just randomly driving around town, Stiles pulled over on the side of the road near the woods. My hand hasn't moved from the spot on Stiles's shoulder, knowing that for some reason, it calmed him down a little bit. His nerves are nearly fried with Derek in the seat next to him. We've been sitting on the side of the road for a while now. The sun went down a couple hours ago and now we are just wanting for Scott to call us back.

Stiles' phone rings from inside his pocket and he rushes to slide it out. "What am I supposed to do with him?" Stiles nearly yells, beyond pissed at my brother. Not that I blame him. I'm tired of waiting. "And, by the way, he's starting to smell."

Derek glares at Stiles. That should just be the permanent look on his face. I've never seen him smile before.

"Like- like what?" I hear Scott say once I bring my ear closer to the phone.