Letter ❙ grimes

Hey, I know it's been a long time since our last meeting.

I just wanted to say, well, I miss you. I miss your hugs, kisses, your smile, your quirky laugh, everything about you was special.

Remember when I found out you were ticklish? Your snorts were so cute.

Remember when we met at the camp? You were so beautiful I found it scary. Seriously, you were the cutest nine year old I had ever seen. I couldn't get you off my mind for months, I got teased about it very often.

Remember when I was admiring that deer, and you took that gunshot to the stomach for me? I never cried so hard in my life. Seeing you lying there lifeless on the floor, so vulnerable, made me feel weak and helpless. That was the moment I realized I needed you more than I thought I did.

After that, i kissed you when you recovered. I didn't know how to kiss just yet, so it was quite sloppy. I still enjoyed it though, and it was worth seeing your cute little blush.

You helped me when mom died, you helped me when I thought Judith was dead, you helped me when Glenn got killed by Negan..

Then, you were gone.

I saw you get shot, I saw your body collapse on the floor.

I saw you die.

It wasn't fair, life wasn't fair to you. You were so kind, so lovable, so beautiful..

It wasn't fair. It was a mistake.

You weren't supposed to die, not yet. We were supposed to have kids and get married and live a happy life. Together.

Enid tried replacing you after your death. She does remind me of you, I won't deny that. She's cunning, mysterious, a lot of things that you were.

But she isn't you. You were different. Enid is cold, confusing, and has a lot of mood swings. But you, even after all you had been through, you still found love in every little thing. Which is why the group adored you.

They still do. Your death impacted them the most.

Carol doesn't stop crying, Daryl doesn't speak, Maggie is depressed, Dad has become colder, Judith mumbles your name in her sleep, Michonne looks at your sword all the time, remembering you. Rosita misses her partner in crime, Eugene misses your optimism, Abraham isn't confident anymore, Sasha claims that she sees you in her dreams, Tara always looks at your tree house, everything is a mess.

We need you, I need you.

First Sophia, then Shane, then Patrick, now you.

Your death was a mistake. It wasn't supposed to happen.

But it did anyways.

I miss your voice, how you would sing Judith to sleep when she would have nightmares..

She can't sleep at night. Dad has tried to make her fall asleep, even me. But nothing works.

Dad had to actually put a recording of your singing so she would fall asleep, and it worked. Just not as well as your real singing.

Even your hugs could make her fall asleep, you had a connection with her no one else had. She adored you, and you adored her.

I adored you, I loved you, I love you.

I love you and I always will, even if Enid or another girl comes my way, I'll still love you.

I hope your guarding us from heaven, I hope your reunited with your sister Sophia, too. You must be so happy to see her again, after all those years.

I just want you to know I love you, and I always will.

Thanks for the memories.

-Carl