Money Hungry

I tightened my grip around my side hand bag. Men gathered around his car fascinated and in disbelief. I slowly walked towards Mr. Dex and he softly smiled at me causing my heart to speed up. He smoothly opened the passenger side door for me and I got into his car. He grinned at me and then slammed the car door causing me to jump. He then sped off and I gasped in fear as I heard the tires leave marks in the street.

"So, what do you think?" He asked as raising an eyebrow.

"About what?" I replied confused.

"My ride."

I shrugged unimpressed. I could care less about the car the man drives or the clothes and jewelry a man wears. Money is everywhere, chemistry isn't.

"So where has this change of heart come from?" I asked.

He shrugged. "It's just something about you."

After a long silent ride, we finally arrived at the movie theatre. I quickly got out of the car and he sighed.

"You didn't let me open the door for you shawty." he said sounding disappointed

"I'm more than capable of doing it myself." I replied before chuckling at how cheesey he is.

We walked into the movie theatre and he walked right past the ticket booths as if we didn't need a ticket to enter. The cashier nodded at Mr. Dex and he nodded back with a grin on his face. I walked closely beside him as we walked into a room that appeared to be like the other rooms except this one was completely empty and had chairs and a table. The table had a deep red cloth laid over it with roses inside of a vase on top. It also had two dimly lit candles that made the setting glow. My heart fluttered and I suddenly felt stress free. I no longer felt nervous or uneasy, I felt like I was truly beginning to see who Mr. Dex really was; a hopeless romantic.

He sat me down in a chair and then pushed the chair in scooting me closer to the table.

A waiter walked in and sat down a plate of lobster and salad in front of him and I. I  sat across from Mr. Dex trying to think of something to say. Right as i opened my mouth to ask a question the movie began playing. I decided to just sit back, eat and relax, since I hadn't had a meal this fancy in a while.

During the movie I kept catching Mr. Dex watching me in the corner of my eye. Every time I'd look over at him he'd quickly turn his head, as if I made him nervous or something.

At the end of the movie he clapped yelling "Bravo!"

He then took my hand and we walked out of the movie theatre together. I smiled at how the stars were lit so brightly tonight. We got into his car and he began to drive to a location I've never been before. We ended up driving down a trail in the woods and I began to grow light headed and afraid. I looked over at Mr. Dex who was now grinning.

"Stop the car!" I yelled in fear.