The mate i never guessed

Chapter 1

Why does life have to be so hard, I mean I’ll be thinking everything in my relationship is great, nearing the point that Austin and I had been together for nearly 2 weeks, when I started noticing that he had been paying a lot of extra attention to my bestie Beth, wasn’t I good enough like I know she’s always been prettier than me, she’s always been popular with the other students, where with me I’d rather stay hidden and unnoticed. But seriously ever since my parents told me about my supernatural condition I’ve tried to stay hidden in case I feel as though I can trust someone enough with my secret and next thing you know my secret is going around school fast than lighting flashes!! I can’t seem to trust people enough in fear they would find out about me. See when I was 13 my parents decided it was time to tell me about my problem.

Flashback*

Sahara can you please come down here my parents both called from the downstairs lounge room. As I walk down the stairs I start thinking back to school, the only trouble I’d gotten in to was when I kicked blaze the one guy who made my life a living hell since the day I started at ‘midnight stone primary school’. But why would the care about that, in my defence I was only protecting myself when no one else would. As I got to the couch where both my parents have a strong hold on me with their eyes. Is something wrong I asked them both before they had a chance to start speaking? They looked at each other with worried looks as though their having some sort of “mind convo”. ‘Well you see dear we actually have something important to tell you’ my mother starts when she finally takes her eyes off of dad. ‘You see we have noticed some changes in you lately’ dad says having his air time in this convo. OH GOD I hope they’re not about to give me the talk or are they talking about my sudden change in attitude. ‘Sahara, Sahara are you ok’ my mother asks bringing me out of my thoughts, I look to her to see a worried look on her face, yea sorry I zoned out for a minute there. Dad gave me a look of seriousness and continued with what he was saying ‘like I said you mother and I have noticed some changes in you and we thought it was time we tell you that you are a werewolf’ ‘now that I think about it some changes with my body had happen I’d grown to a good height of 5’7 and my natural blonde hair has lightened to the point of being platinum and my extremely blue eyes have been going black when I get angry and I keep having convo’s with myself in my head as well’. The only thing I could choke out was ‘my life is ruined’ and quickly running back up to my room leaving my parents there with shocked and confused looks on their faces.

End of flashback*

I remember not going to anywhere after 6pm because I’d watched too many movies about us. But now as I am turning 16 tomorrow, I hope to find my ‘mate’. My parents had told me all about mates once I’d warmed up to the idea of being a werewolf and ever since I’d longed for my other half, my peanut to my jelly (sounds cheesy but I like it). Well when I think about it I’m kinda scared to find him what if he rejects me I don’t want that to happen. I start thinking of all the things that could go wrong as I slip into my comfy bed, but of course as I’m calming down from my worrying so much, my older brother bursts in the door yelling about something. He has always been the noisy one out of us; he has girls swooning over him at school and is always getting invited to parties. He stands at a very tall 6’4; he is the next alpha for my pack. ‘Jay’ I yell ‘gets the hell out of my room I want to go to bed for god’s sake’. He gives one of his “famous” smirks (note my sarcasm), then comes over to my bed and kisses my forehead wishing me a happy birthday for tomorrow and leaves shutting my door behind him. I’m so glad I have a brother like him. And with that I let my sleepiness take over, pulling me into my dreams.