1 | The Boy Next Door

Vote, comment, follow, and enjoy!

___________________

The Boy Next Door//Nash Grier

Julie Connors

I awaken to the sound of my alarm clock ringing. A strong smell of coffee and pancakes hits me before I even open my eyes. It is officially my last first day of high school and the beginning of a year I have yet to discover.

I get out of bed, take a shower, and put on a simple pair of jeans, a white crop-top, and a patterned cardigan. I blow-dry my hair and put a few loose curls in. I walk downstairs to see my mom; Shelly, my dad; Steve, and my younger brother; Nate, sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." Nate smirks taking a bite of out of his pancakes.

"Watch it middle schooler," I tease taking a seat at the table across from him.

Nate is my not-so-little brother. He's fourteen but yet he's still taller than me. He's going into the ninth grade this year.

My older brother, Landon, went to Columbia University a year ago. He studied really hard in high school and eventually his hard work payed off. He's crazy smart and outrageously athletic! I'm so proud of him for making his dreams come true.

It's a good thing Landon's so successful and dedicated because one of us kids has to make a name for the Connors family and I'm pretty sure Nate and I are incapable of doing so.

Sometimes I wish he was back here in Carolina with us, but I know he has a good future ahead of him.

"Actually today I am officially a freshman." He says gulping down his orange juice.

"Hey, guess what?" I ask sarcastically.

"What?" Nate rolls his eyes.

"I'm a senior." I smirk.

"Hey, guess what?" He mimics.

"What?" I narrow my eyes.

"I don't care." He grins shaking his head.

"Shut up-!" I yell.

"Shut up!" He mimics again in the girlies voice he can muster.

"Julie-" my mother raises her eyebrows at me gesturing to be quiet.

I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"You? A senior?" Nate murmurs just loud enough for me to hear, "you have the maturity level of a second grader." He glares with a grin.

"Hey, it's more than you'll ever have." I shrug with a giggle.

"That's enough you two," my father says unpleased scanning his newspaper, "Listen to your mother - Nathaniel, be nice to your sister."

Nate's eyes go wide, "are you serious, dad?" He snickers in shock.

"Yeah, Nathaniel," I say teasingly as Nate glares at me.