F O U R T E E N

The next morning I woke up refreshed and ready to take on anything that was coming my way.

Storm was still asleep and I decided to go and make him some breakfast.

The kitchen was deserted when I arrived, thank the goddess, and I got straight to work.

I didn't make a large breakfast, just some bacon, eggs, toast and waffles.

After locking away the cat to stop him from jumping up on the counter to steal more bacon, I plated Storms food and walked, carefully, back to our room.

Before I could open the door, it swung open and there he stood, in a black suit, fixing his tie.

He looked up at me, then to the plate of food I was holding and back to me.

I could see the slight guilt in his eyes but he shook it away.

"I made you breakfast, but since you're leaving, I- I'll just eat it." I spoke a bit sad.

I know it was stupid to be sad about him leaving but I couldn't help it. Our bond grew stronger everyday.

"Electra. I didn't even realize... Listen, I'll make it up to you. I promise but I'm late for an important meeting." He said, his voice full of regret.

I just nodded as he kissed my forehead and walked around me, headed down the hall. 

Well.

I was hungry anyways.
-----
Laying on my bed, I watched reruns of family guy with Fluffy.

He wasn't very happy with me, when I took him out of his lockup but we're okay now.

The phone began ringing, knocking me out of the little trance I was in while watching tv and I hurriedly answered.

"Hello"

"Electra, my baby, how are you?" Spoke my overly happy mother.

"Hi mom! I'm good. How are you and dad?" I replied enthusiastically

She cleared her throat and I just knew she was about to drop a bomb.

So, I prepared myself.

"Honey, your father and I are coming home." She spoke softly, but she sounded so... sad.

"Mom, that's great! Right?" I said hoping that she'd realize  how much of a good thing it is for them to be returning home. I miss my parents.

"Electra, you're father has become very ill, he's no longer in a good enough condition to serve as the Kings protector." She said so quietly, I almost didn't hear her.

My light mood darkened as her words registered in my mind.

Werewolves don't just randomly fall ill.

We aren't like humans.

We can withstand more.

What really happened to my dad?

"Mom, I have to go. I love you. I'll see you guys when you arrive." I spoke trying my hardest not to sound sad.

"I love you too"

Then the line went dead.

I don't know what happened to my father but I'll be damned if I don't try and fix it.
--------
(Couple hours later)

I spent the next couple of hours in bed with my cat, sad I know, but there wasn't much to do around here.

I couldn't stop thinking about my father. How in the hell did he get sick?  Werewolves aren't known for randomly falling ill. 🤔