The Person Behind The Case

"So, how old are you?"
My blind date asks. I think his name is, josh? Not sure. I am not interested enough to remember his name.

"Twenty two."
It's a lie.. I am 341 years old but I don't think he will believe me. No one will. That is the life that I have been given. Living through centuries, wondering when I die.

"Wow!"- Josh exclaims -"and you are already a lawyer in the biggest law firm? Truly amazing"

"Thanks, I actually own- Um.. Josh , I would really like to continue the talk but I have to go."
Another lie and half truth. I own the company so, I work as a lawyer there. Marry should really stop with trying to set me up. I don't really need to go anywhere away from him but I want to spend the time on my own.

"Oh, no problem. Maybe we can meet another time?"

He says, sparkles of hope in his brown eyes. Not gonna happen though, I tried one too many times to make a stable relationship. The only thing that can make my heart beat, is a new case to work on and solve. This is my only purpose. I have lived through wars and many different catastrophes, not many things can move me. The cases always do, the people behind them are always so different.. so interesting, it's always the people that move me.
I don't answer to Josh, but just give him a warm smile and head out of the little coffee shop to the streets of New York. I moved here in nineteen twenties when the mafia ruled the city. I became a lawyer for them, so let's just say I got the experience.

Making my way to the street to catch a taxi I hear my phone vibrating. Taking it out I read the newly received message,

'Why did you leave him?!"

Ohhh no, Marry is at it, again.

'Idk.'

He wasn't that interesting and he asked questions about my age. That is rude. Another buzzing noice filled my ears.

'IDK?! He was perfect!'

I can't suppress my chuckles. He was okay but not my type; plus, I am way too old for him. I don't even know how Marry became my good friend, we are just to opposite.
Another buzzing noise but this time, from someone else.

'Ms. Joy, im sorry to bother. There is a customer who is waiting for you at your office -Alice'

Looking at my secretaries message I sigh. Today was supposed to be my day
off.. I haven't had one of those in a month.

'Alice, please tell the customer that they can come in tomorrow. Today is my day off.'

Grunting at the buzzing that comes right after by Alice again. What is it this time?!

'Ms... it's Mr. Strorm'

Mr. Strorm? The head of the Algro company, responsible for most of the oil supply in the world... well then, it's a no brainer. The case better be interesting.. don't disappoint me Mr. Strorm.

'be right there' way the last message I sent before I put my phone away.
I cannot let this chance slip!
Stepping close to the road I put my hand up and within a few seconds a taxi arrives.

"Where to, miss?"

The drives asks, politely nodding in my direction. I open the yellow door and slide into the back seat.

"S&R law firm."

I say the name of my company. Soon after those words we went on the road. Burrying my eyes to the phone. Marry can wait. Right now, the only thing on my mind is my new case. What kind of a person is behind this case? What kind of a person are you mr. Strorm?